67 magnum

-

forcedfedmopar

Reaction score
Hi all, im sure many have seen my 67 Dart build slowly making progress. And it has been put on the back burner for a "new" more practical car.

Im building a 67 Plymouth Valiant for my wife as a surprise for her birthday come may. Ive been collecting parts and pieces for some time no for this project and last weekend I finally got the car home and started on it.

Plan is to stuff the drive line out of this 94 Dakota that I got off craiglist in the valiant.

Car will be gunmetal grey with ox blood bucket seat interior

Last night I took the carpet and seat belts, all lower moldings ect out of the inside in preparation for the new floor pans that will be here tomorrow.

Tonight I took the front end off and set it all aside to be deliverd to the paint booth. I also got it on jack stands and ready to get cut up. tomorrow if I have time I will pull the dash, heater box, ect.

Thanks for looking, I will be updating regularly as I have a completion date of may 15

What trans does the Dakota have? OD wont fit without major cutting.

That will be a fun car, the magnum swap is a cool one. Keeping the efi and overdrive will make it truly a daily drivable car!

I have parted out a few valiant's if you end up needing anything.
Thank you!
I am in need of a usable rear bumper. and drivers door glass

The UPS man came today and left 3 large boxes....He said he will be back tomorrow too!

That will be a fun car, the magnum swap is a cool one. Keeping the efi and overdrive will make it truly a daily drivable car!

That is the plan. Not looking to make a rocket ship, but something that is cool for the wife. I would like to drive it out to California this fall and go down highway 1

tonight I got the old floor pan out

Tomorrow and Saturday I wont get much done but I will have this side of the floor done by the end of the weekend. The other side my mid week. Then ill bring the Dakota home and really start having fun!

Finished up the driver side floor pan tonight and got it coated with 3M "bed liner"

Tomorrow I will be picking up a 8.8 rear end. 3.73 limited slip, disc brakes, and cheap. Will order the perches later this weekend. This project is slated for after the engine and trans are in.

Just got back from picking up the rear end. Got the drive shaft too! Just need to grab another short shaft from the wrecking yard and ill be in business!

This past week ive gotten the passenger floor cut out, rails cleaned and coated, front floor fit, picked up a set of spindles, disc brakes (BBP), and upper control arms. Also got a complete P/S set up because it was priced right but I may keep the manual steering still.

Finished the floor today and got it all coated.

As you can see I haven't done the tunnel yet. im waiting to fit the engine/trans before doing that.

I also have the material to build the frame connectors. Should have those done before Saturday afternoon. Then, Ill be bringing the Dakota home to strip it down and prep the drive line for its new home.

This weekend i got the frame connectors done

I also scored pretty good at the junk yard sat morning. picked apart a 74 valiant. Wheels/tires, front brakes and upper arms, dash pad, wiper arms, door handles, and a bunch of misc parts.

I did the mods to the cross member tonight to fit the overdrive unit on the trans

no turning back now;

but I got it handled

And a pic of the rear end because I didn't post one

Next step is to get the Dakota torn apart and slide the drive train into its new home. Hope to have that done by the end of this coming weekend but we will see how the holiday plays out.

Engine and trans are out and swinging on the picker. I will be picking up the trans mount in a few hours. Hopefully by this evening the engine/trans will be in the car!

-
Back