67 Notchback project

-

Cudaroy

Reaction score
Hi,
Thought I'd share a couple of "as bought" photos of my winter project.
The body is incredible as the fenders,doors,rockers,trunk and floors are rust free with only behind the rear wheels and a small area before the left rear wheel being where I will weld in new sheetmetal. It had to have come from somewhere other than New England.It has a 360/727 and has around 88000 miles.
It has no fender tag but I found the build sheet and it is a DD1 (B4) blue. The paint on it now is actually darker than it should be. I heard it was offered only in 67 but am not sure about that. If anyone out there has a DD1 car I would love to see photos of it.

Hi,
Thought I'd share a couple of "as bought" photos of my winter project.
The body is incredible as the fenders,doors,rockers,trunk and floors are rust free with only behind the rear wheels and a small area before the left rear wheel being where I will weld in new sheetmetal. It had to have come from somewhere other than New England.It has a 360/727 and has around 88000 miles.
It has no fender tag but I found the build sheet and it is a DD1 (B4) blue. The paint on it now is actually darker than it should be. I heard it was offered only in 67 but am not sure about that. If anyone out there has a DD1 car I would love to see photos of it.
Thanks

Attachments

• dec10-10 001.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 188
  • dec10-10 003.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 202
  • dec10-10 004.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 200
My dad had one just like your back in the day, bought it new. We tried to track it down before I got mine but had no luck.

Very nice ride.

Big plans?
Big Plans? ....No
Although I love seeing all of these big buck restos with the stroker motors, 5000 dollar paint,etc,It's alot of money at this point. This will be a driver that will get driven alot.
Plans are to make the 360 run strong, possibly update the interior to something newer ( was originally a bench/ column shift) such as the VW leather seats I bought for $50 bucks,updated seatbelts for my 7 yr old daughter,etc.
I am hoping for an honest 350hp which will still be alot of fun for the street.
I have painted a few of my own cars in the past using enamels,lacquers,etc and am planning on a modern base coat/clear coat but am still undecided on the color.
These little notchbacks look great in so many colors like the member's cars have shown, like the reds but wifey don't do red. Not really sure on the color yet.

-
Back