67 or 68 Barracuda Instrument Cluster Bezel

-

carpart67

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the instrument cluster bezels in 67 and 68 Barracudas. My car is a 1967. The bezel that came in the car was for the "roller" style radio, and the car was equipped with a "roller" style radio when I got it. All the pictures I have seen of 67 interiors have the knob style radios. Does anyone know if 67s came equipped with the "roller" radio?

My cluster bezel has been seen a hard life, I can't afford a replacement at this time and it works so the originality is unimportant. I'm just curious if perhaps the bezel and radio in the car are from a 68 or 69 model as opposed to 67. I've managed to repair and refurbish the bezel to be presentable but always was curious about this.

Any insight would be appreciated.

THe roller style radio controls were available 1n 68 & 69. 67's had the regular knob style controls. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding the right bezel. You could try to offer up yours to swap with someone for the right one. There's even a repro available from PG Classics (not too far from you in Saint-Andre, N.B.)

Thanks for the info. Yes PG has them,they're in the area of $400. Thats not even remotly affordable for me right now. I don't mind the 68 one, it's just got a lot of cracks, dimples from over tightening, etc. I managed to make it look allright and hide most of the flaws, I also cut it for a radio as it was allready pretty hard up. I doubt anyone would want to trade. I was more or less just curious.

If I could pick up a used one cheap that was hard up cosmeticly but structuraly sound I'd probably go that route and freshen it up. I enjoy refurbing things, but I like a fresh start.

Also In the name of curiosity, my glove box has a small round push button to open it. I believe that the 67's had a square handle or knob from the pictures I've seen. Anybody know?

Starting to sound like the whole dash may be from a 68. Does it have lower dash pads or the holes where those would mount ? Strange shape ash tray ?
If it's just the instrument panel and glove box door thats wrong keep in mind that the heater controllers are different. The pot metal gauge housings are different too. Even the wiper switch was rotated 90 degrees between 67 and 68.

I have to agree, it sounds like someone did a swap on you before you bought it. You have all the 68 dash stuff.

Starting to sound like the whole dash may be from a 68. Does it have lower dash pads or the holes where those would mount ? Strange shape ash tray ?
If it's just the instrument panel and glove box door thats wrong keep in mind that the heater controllers are different. The pot metal gauge housings are different too. Even the wiper switch was rotated 90 degrees between 67 and 68.

Here is what I have. It's not bad looking, I was just curious to the originality. I didn't know there were so many small differences.
100_0687.jpg

Sure looks like 68 to me, it has the lower pads. It looks good and unless your worried about originality dont worry bout it.

That's a `68 dash indeed. It was probably easier for the previous owner to find a black `68 version than a red `67. Unless you've owned your car since it was new there's just no telling what has happened to these cars in the last 40+ years.

Here is what I have. It's not bad looking, I was just curious to the originality. I didn't know there were so many small differences.
100_0687.jpg
Very respectable looking dash in your car, would save your money for something else and just drive it with the 68 setup.

-
Back