67 Plymouth Valiant Signet 2Dr Sedan with 273 & A/C

-
Buy cars from CA :). He did leave out that 1 of the previous owners had rustoleum'd the whole trunk floor & inner fenders with a brush & it looked like crap. They did it to cover up the rust which wasn't major but I did ask if the rear window was leaking & he said no. I was expecting to find a rotted out channel when I took the glass out but nothing. I did notice that the factory did a s**t job of smoothing the channel & this wouldn't let the gasket seal right which made it leak. I ALWAYS ask if the front & rear glass are leaking & get pics of the trunk. I've been messing with Valiant's for 15 years so if you need any help with yours feel free to ask :)

Here are some pic updates when I dropped it off at the body shop. They were suprised to see a car from this era this clean after blasting.

Attachments

• Picture 1333.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 695
  • Picture 1342.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 694
  • Picture 1341.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 669
  • Picture 1340.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 686
  • Picture 1339.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 669
  • Picture 1338.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 692
  • Picture 1337.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 691
  • Picture 1336.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 684
  • Picture 1335.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 698
  • Picture 1334.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 697
Gotta love progress :). He is going to start all of the welding this week. I'm filling in the rocker trim holes & a bunch of holes previous owners had drilled in the engine bay & a few rust holes in the trunk area & repair the strikers. I am using the bedliner material for the undercarriage & in wheel wells. He also has an ecote wand that is good for doing inside the frame rails & rockers. Does anyone know of a headliner installer in the chicago area that will come to the car? I want to install it before I put the glass in.

Attachments

• Picture 1348.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 659
  • Picture 1347.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 677
  • Picture 1346.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 678
  • Picture 1345.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 681
  • Picture 1344.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 670
  • Picture 1343.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 673
The car is to nice to put that stuff on the bottom of the car. Paint it.

Nah,I drive my car everywhere & all the time except in the winter.

I will be selling the 276 bbp 8 1/4 set up with shock plates & drive shaft for 108 wb cars. It has 2 new outter axel tube seals ,new brakes with mc's,new brake lines,rubber hose & new u joints in d shaft. this set up is for the 904 trans,8 1/4 in a 108 wb abody. I'm building up an 8 3/4 for it now & won't need any of the current rear stuff except for the drums. This is a direct bolt in for in 67-9 cuda,70-6 duster,73-6 dart sport with a 904 trans. The rear & shock plates are all that can be used on darts

Looks good Chuck & I'm with you I would do the same and coat the undercarriage I drive my cars too!

Wow I love your car !! Have you decided what color it will be ? I can't wait to see this thing done !!

It is going back to the original white. Thanks! I'm installing the wiper pivot seal kit & just finished redoing the a/c box so I can install that when I can.

Yeah,the body guy thought it would be a good place to hang it while they are working on the front of the Scion

I took the trim off of the trunk lid & found out that it was replaced at 1 time by a prvious owner. It was off a low option Valiant that had "P l y m o u t h" on it & they just used black tape across the letter holes & drill new ones for the signet trim. I'm thinking of using a mint 68 signet trunk lid that I pulled off of a 50,000 mile car 15 years ago.

Update. My Dr Diff axels are on the way so I will be swapping out the 8 1/4 pretty shortly. I posted an ad for it

The Dr Diff axels are here & time for assy of my 8 3/4 so I can pull the 8 1/4 set up. I went with drum studs & adjustable bearings. Thanks to Physixx for the NOS retainers & Johnparts for a set of 340 torsion bars. Today is a good parts day & now I'm off for 2 days :). I'm going to swing by the body shop tomorrow to try & motivate them into getting started on my car. I rented a storage space to put the parts in & didn't want to keep it for than a month or 2 at the most. I also took over part of my non car friendly dad's garage.

The body shop has started on my car now :). They already sprayed most of the under carriage & did the seam sealer in the trunk,wheel wells & floor pans. I'll get pics tomorrow

I also had a shipment of NOS parts come in today too. I was able to find an NOS speedo,both tail light lenses with gaskets & both reverse lenses in original packaging.

I also had a shipment of NOS parts come in today too. I was able to find an NOS speedo,both tail light lenses with gaskets & both reverse lenses in original packaging.

MAN youre killing me!!!!!!!!! both sides? any extras???????:banghead:

He did say he has 1 e brake cable & some of the front & rear window plastic inserts. He is going to see what else he has & get back to me & I will let you know 1st

My NOS parts that just came in :)

Attachments

• Picture 1354.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 576
Nice- I have a '69 V-100 2-dr sedan (87K original miles), but won't be doing much with it until I get the '72 Scamp in for paint. Thank God I live in Washington State, if the water doesn't get in and sit, the car won't rust

LOl,I might have a spare LH lens for ya AZ. I paid a pretty decent price for this stuff though.

There are some NOS 68 & 9 tail light lenses & signet dash trim on ebay

-
Back