67 Plymouth Valiant Signet 2Dr Sedan with 273 & A/C

-
That scion bumper cover almost looks like it matches the front wheel arch and could be used. lol She sure looks pretty all cleaned up.

I need to find someone else to do the work since the body shop hasn't touched it since dec. I at least had heated storage for the winter. The under carriage is already sprayed with bed liner,swapped in the 8 3/4

Hope you can find someone that will get on the ball and get the paint done so you can put it back together. Looking forward to seeing some progress:)

Shocker! I went to check up on him yesterday and he had actually finished all of the welding. He still has to smoothe and primer the welded areas. But any progress is better than none.

Attachments

• Picture 1365.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 686
  • Picture 1373.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 678
  • Picture 1372.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 684
  • Picture 1371.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 663
  • Picture 1370.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 665
  • Picture 1369.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 667
  • Picture 1368.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 675
  • Picture 1367.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 688
  • Picture 1366.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 672
more

Attachments

• Picture 1364.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 622
  • Picture 1363.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 628
  • Picture 1362.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 625
  • Picture 1361.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 657
I snuck up on him again and there is more progress. I had to redrill some holes that he welded closed for me and he has started smoothing the DS 1/4 and started on the PS of the car. When I was there he told his guy to block the filler and he was about to jack my car up by the rocker panel with the floor jack until we caught him :(. It is a small shop and good competent people are hard to find I guess.

Attachments

• Picture 1376.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 623
  • Picture 1375.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 639
  • Picture 1374.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 622
  • Picture 1373.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 626
  • Picture 1364.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 608
  • Picture 1363.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 613
  • Picture 1362.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 610
I have a redneck spray booth process when I paint up the small parts since I don't have a shop. I actually use a gatorade bottle 1/2 filled with gas that I soak and clean the bolts with,I even shake it with the bolts in it to loosen the grim up and use a small screw driver and brass wire brush to get in any corners and such . It's cheaper than buying $3 cans of brake cleaner and works real good. When the parts are clean of all major gunk I hit them with a bench grinder with a wire wheel then spray any remaining oils off with the brake cleaner,fire up my little propane torch and heat all of the moisture out of the metal before I prime and paint anything. If it is warm out I have some push in the ground plant hangers that I hang the parts from to dry via bungy straps,lawn chairs to lay them on or I hang them from the garage door track if it isn't warm out and just use a hair drier. I also rigged up some cardboard to spray bolts that works real good too. Git R Dun! :) I will post all the things I use in my process for us folks with limited space or a garage.

All of the removable parts for the engine,suspension,rear,trans,brakes and any other small parts were done with this process. What do you think?

Attachments

• Picture 1346.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 622
  • Picture 1347.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 631
  • Picture 1366.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 627
  • Picture 1343.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 616
  • Picture 1342.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 611
  • Picture 1377.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 615
  • Picture 1378.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 624
Note the hair drier on the wall in the background lol? Also note that the parts are hanging on the outside of the rail so in case someone hits the door opener your parts don't end up hitting the floor. I learned the hard way lol

The new parts keep coming and the used parts keep going. I am soooooo ready for this thing to get back here!

I keep sneaking up on him at various times of the day so he has been working on it pretty much daily >:)

Just picked up a parts car :). I'm probably just going to snatch what I need and redistribute it to the valiant community.

Attachments

• Picture 1568.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 524
  • Picture 1569.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 525
  • Picture 1570.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 509
  • Picture 1571.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 523
I am glad you are getting things dun, and I agree have it in dry warm storage is a positive way to look at it :D sometimes it seems they hold are cars hostage
and seems to never get dun, but things are looking great, and the Valiant you picked up may be just what I have been praying for :D:D Looks like everything I need to get me moving forward automatically :colors: Enjoyed talking to you today :cheers: Oh :D:D The redneck way is some times the best way :thumblef:

Update,took a break to part out a 70 dart that popped up... just got a call from the body shop and he says my hood has lots of bondo and to go take a look at it in the am. I am taking the car out of there either this week or next so he was sealing up the body work with primer. I personally wouldn't have rebondo'd the hood and used the 1 from my parts car.... too late he is rebondoing my original...keep ya posted.

Well,he finally primered it up after the body work and he is doing the final touches to get the shell ready for paint next week. He couldn't do anything with the hood and said it looked like someone had used it as shelf when the car was in storage so I hope the 1 on my parts car is workable. He welded in the z bar support bracket in case it ever gets a 4spd swap. I still need to get a 67 signet trunk lid or modify the 68 signet 1 that I have.

-
Back