"67 Valiant door adjustment

-

sb3854

Reaction score
Any advise on adjustment of the front door on a '67 Valiant 2dr sedan. I thought it was the pins but they are solid but the door is off about 1/4 inch. Help please.

So why would the drivers door on a 67 not have wear in its lower hinge ?
Open the door only a couple inches, enough to get your hands around the lower corner, and attempt to lift it. This where you feel any wear.

loosen the bolts on the door half of the hinge for in/out adjustment to the door.
loosen the bolts that hold the hinge to the body for forward/backward adjustments. you'll have to remove the kick panel for access to these.

it helps alot to have somebody help you and it will likely take multiple attempts to get it right. -pauly

You actually need to bend it up.I just did this with my Valiant. there used to actually be a tool that hooked on the striker somehow that woul allow you to pry the door up into place. the option I used was a block of wood and a floor jack under the bottom of the door (not the bottom lip!) and lift a little at a time while checking how the door lines up until you get it where you want it. Sounds crude but that is the only way I know of to do it.

lol,I have been told that I am always a day late and a dollar short

loosen the bolts on the door half of the hinge for in/out adjustment to the door.
loosen the bolts that hold the hinge to the body for forward/backward adjustments. you'll have to remove the kick panel for access to these.

it helps alot to have somebody help you and it will likely take multiple attempts to get it right. -pauly
Very helpful...worked for me!

-
Back