67 vs 68 Dart taillights

-

B-onefan

Reaction score
I know they will not innerchange due to the taillight bucket depth on the 1/4 panels, right? Is it possible to change the sheetmetal mounts in the 1/4 panel to 68-69 and then use the 68 taillights. Make a 68 looking car out of a 67? Anybody ever done this or researched it?

I need to put 69 lights in a 67 any advice

you could get tail light buckets from a donor car and cut/weld them in. lots of work to put the wrong tail lights in your car though.

lots of work to put the wrong tail lights in your car though.

Are you speaking from experience, or just what you heard. Here's my 67 with 68 tail lights. I didn't do the work, they were that way when I bought the car, but the inner buckets haven't been changed?

20131130_150858_zps5ffbdf7e.jpg

My brother has '68 lights in his '67. Looks like the PO just hammered the sheetmetal until they fit. No, it doesn't look like a hack job & you can't ell once the lights are in.
I imagine the same would work to put '69 lights in.

You should have lots of light when you hit reverse

Notice the 69 bumper? I ran the original bumper up until last summer, but always hated the look of four back up lights. I swapped a member straight across bumper for bumper in an Oreilly parking lot! :cheers:

i put 68 lights in my 67 when i changed it over.. so i was very surprised when, after I painted the car and went to assemble it.. the stupid tail lamps didn't fit.. ugh.. I am trying to remember what I did, it was quite some time ago, it will come to me… eventually, ugh, i hate getting old...

i don't think so.. but i only had 68 buckets and tlamps. the 67 originals were long gone..

Notice the 69 bumper? I ran the original bumper up until last summer, but always hated the look of four back up lights. I swapped a member straight across bumper for bumper in an Oreilly parking lot! :cheers:
perfect! I have a 67 and have always thought they were the ugly sister to the 68-9 taillights.
My buddy ran a 67 bumper on his 68 for a few years. We were merciless in bugging him. He still brings it up.

-
Back