67Dart273 (Del)

-
Thinkin about the same myself. And I'm quite sure that would please more than a few of you.

I highly doubt that Rob. I don't give a rats *** who thinks what about who, you are an asset to this place and always have been, along with a few others that have "vanished". you have helped me on more than one occasion, remember the cam bearing "scraper" ? you showed me the light and that 440 is running stronger than ever. I was up against a wall and you took the time to help a brutha out.

to whom it may concern,

I doubt Del or Rob are going to leave on your terms.
I don't personally know either one, but I can tell by the tone of their posts.
they know cars and take no bull, sounds like a couple guys I could hang with.

You would probably be the only one.

Not true Doug, I would also be concerned about you because I know that you also have some health issues! People care about each other here, yes, even little ol you!!! :)

I would also be concerned about you as well Rob, as I know that things have been tough for you for awhile and you've had your share of bad luck!!

You see, people listen, read, remember, and care what happens to other people, its not just somebody's favorite person, for me its everyone who contributes in a positive way! The ones who don't, or screw people over, I won't miss, but they are few and far between compared to those who interact with others in a positive way! Rob, Doug, Del, and many others do just that, on your own terms, and there's nothing wrong with that!!

Carry on all!! Geof

I thought getting a manual was a prerequisite and love the fact that Del is a tell it "like it is" guy. I have to admit that sometimes the manual is confusing and sometimes I need to read advice presented in several different ways before I can figure it out. That's after I've read it many times. That being said, I try to look through the manual before I ask questions, even if it's just for confirmation. I totally appreciate all the help I can get or give here even though I'm still learning every day, not being the best at Mopar savvyness....:coffee2:

Some people don't come on here to please everybody and candy coat stuff. There are people on here who KNOW what they know and know it well. When they get treated disrespectfully, it leaves a bad taste in their mouth. I wouldn't blame him if he never came back. Thinkin about the same myself. And I'm quite sure that would please more than a few of you.

Hmmmm.....let me see if I got this straight....just because someone is knowledgeable they should be respected? And all along I thought respect was earned...and it is very difficult for some folks to respect a person who talks "at" a person, not with them....but what the hell do I know???

Of course I am not accusing ANYONE here, present or not, of talking "at" anybody....but again, what the hell do I know????

I sent him a PM last week and he replied and has been doing good, has some projects to do and is taking a break....I hope he comes back too :glasses7:

Good to hear he's ok. Del has a specialized knowledge not too many people have, that's valuable.

It wouldn't hurt if we all cut each other a little slack, you never know what the other guy is going through.

Hmmmm.....let me see if I got this straight....just because someone is knowledgeable they should be respected? And all along I thought respect was earned...and it is very difficult for some folks to respect a person who talks "at" a person, not with them....but what the hell do I know???

Of course I am not accusing ANYONE here, present or not, of talking "at" anybody....but again, what the hell do I know????

Of course not. I was trying to act like SOME things I did not have to say. You know, like common sense?

That said, I know I get sick and tired of saying the same thing over and over and over......get a factory service manual. Especially when people ask "how do I work on drum brakes?" or some such that could easily be answered in a book they would use as long as they own the vehicle.

There's a whole generation that instead of wanting to actually learn about how to do things, want it all handed to them and told to them how to do it. What's that accomplish?

Most of the stuff I know how to do, I learned by doing it. Just jumping in. I mean really, these old cars screw together with nuts and bolts. If you can screw a nut on a bolt, then you got it licked, yet some people cannot grasp that reality and ask the same simplistic questions over and over and over, refusing known good advice. People grow weary of continuing to give advice when those who've asked for it won't listen.

I agree about talking "at" people. I am guilty as are you and most of the rest of us. I guess we have the internet to thank for that. People mistakenly think they can not abide by simple manners that we use in person everyday. I am 100% guilty myself. All any of us can do is to try harder to remember there are real people on the other side.

Good to hear he's ok. Del has a specialized knowledge not too many people have, that's valuable.

It wouldn't hurt if we all cut each other a little slack, you never know what the other guy is going through.

Exactly. David, somehow you always have a way of putting things in just the right perspective.

I for one, took Del the wrong way a long while back. I then realized what a nice guy he is and respect his knowledge. We all can be a little abrasive at times, I know I can.

Oh, and thanks Geof! LOL

Got an Email from Del this morning. He's ok had some problems with his arthritis. He's getting caught up with projects including his car, just taking some time for Him self.
I met Del when I first came on this sight. I was right in the middle of electrical problems in my Dart. I had a lot of PM's to Him. He was more then helpful even after the second , third and fourth times, Finally THE BOOK , GET THE BOOK ! This wasn't because He was fed up
(well maybe a little ) He was saying get a manual so you see what I'm telling you. I can talk until I'm blue in the face but fallow along and you'll understand. I was just one person.
I can't imagine the number of PM's he got a day. Its amazing how people fall from grace
around here. Remember we are all on here because we have a common entrust . There is an abundance of knowledge on this site . Take or leave it as you wish but no one should be belittled for sharing what He or She knows. I'm not pointing fingers, don't know what went on ,don't want to know . Just saying WE need to check ourselves once and awhile.

There are a lot of FABO members who have demonstrated knowledge far in excess of what Del understands, yet they have not achieved the cult leader status he has. When is the last time you heard from the legendary SlantSixDan?

When it comes to electrical, Del pretty much understands it better than most, IMO. I'm in now way discounting others contributions on the subject, but electrical is something most folks can't wrap their head around.

-
Back