68 barracuda 340 question

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Question Hey guys can anybody tell me if my 68 barracuda should have a switch on the transmission for the reverse lights? I'm 99% sure it does been a while

Hyup; On the 4-spds, you can't miss it,it's huge, and just follow the oil trail (they're notorious for leaking right thru the top of the sw). The Nss (neutral safety sw) is on the clutch pedal.

I just use the search button then I found a picture of it awesome sorry to start a new thread

don't worry about it, we can always turn a tired thread into a coffee thread....

Or would that be a retired thread....

Lol sounds good maybe retired
Some eye candy

IMG_2439.JPG

I'm not sure if you know that I have a 68 340-s fastback with original paint... But it needs a resto now...

Barracuda 1.jpg

Barracuda 2.jpg

Nice what's that color I did not know that

I'm not sure what it's called, it came on the car when I bought it....

It took me years to find my 68 340 fastback Formula S. I found this one in Tampa, FL and drove it back to Detroit back in '88...

the PO had the axle rebuild by Dan Dvorak with heavy duty parts... 8 3/4 3.91 sg...

We used to have fun with it at the Woodward Dream Cruise each year... the first three years, the cops didn't care if you did burnouts... I could get the tires spinning for as long as I wanted... The crowd loved it...

Orig Miles?

I don't pay attention to that because the whole drivetrain was rebuilt before I got it...

then I had to do some of it my way... the trans shifted to hard and I had my good guy rebuild it...

Then I had a valve job done and installed a 284/484 cam...

then drove it to shows and cruises on nice days for many years...

Then when my daily driver was out of service, I had to drive it to work for a while and ended up dropping a valve and haven't had time to fix that yet... So It's sitting in the garage, waiting it's turn for a resto...

Get going on it!!!

I don't pay attention to that because the whole drivetrain was rebuilt before I got it...

then I had to do some of it my way... the trans shifted to hard and I had my good guy rebuild it...

Then I had a valve job done and installed a 284/484 cam...

then drove it to shows and cruises on nice days for many years...

Then when my daily driver was out of service, I had to drive it to work for a while and ended up dropping a valve and haven't had time to fix that yet... So It's sitting in the garage, waiting it's turn for a resto...

IMG_2383.JPG

IMG_2423.JPG

-
Back