Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian

dorian
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everyone I am selling my 68 barracuda coupe.

It has a 383 with a 4 speed. It has an inline shifter but I can swap it out if you want the competition plus instead. Dana 60 with a spool and 4.56 gears. Superstock springs, strange axles and competition plus 3 way adjustable shocks. Roll bar and frame connectors. Lakewood bell-housing and a center force dual friction clutch. Upgraded discs on front and discs on rear. no rear seat but aluminium interior, it is custom made and you will not see another interior like it.

Front end has been upgraded to polyurethane and all brake components are new.
Fiberglass fenders and a stock hood, not on it now. I have both the front and rear glass, lexan in it now and also all the stainless trim to finish it off. I did not cut it up so you can put it back on the street with little effort. Car was painted year before last and is always in the garage. Colors are 96 viper blue pearl with lots and lots of Canadian Blue micro flake over white.

Has new rubber all the way around as of last year. MT 9.5" x 29 slicks and MT 28 x 4" front runners. Torq thrusts on front and american racing steelies on back.

It runs 12.80 all day long and is very consistent.

I have over 25,000 into it and need 15,000. The reason I am selling is I want to go into the 8.0's and want to buy another car that is already set up for this. I would rather not cut this up.

I live in Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada and am willing to deliver as far as Michigan.

Willing to look at cash an partial trade for a mild 440

PM ME FOR MORE INFO

thanks,

here are a few random pics will add more later.

68cudabodyworkprogesspics030.jpg

68cudabodyworkprogesspics031.jpg

68cudabodyworkprogesspics029.jpg

Picture127-1.jpg

Picture145.jpg

mycarandHerbs064.jpg

mycarandHerbs065.jpg

I am willing to deliever car almost across the country, that has to be worth a few 1000.00

across the northern states, could meet part way for someone if not too far out of the way.

PM me and we can talk.

Nice car.How did you get the 383 and 4 speed to work? Is that TTI headers and TTI zbar?

Thanks,Jim

Nice car.How did you get the 383 and 4 speed to work? Is that TTI headers and TTI zbar?

Thanks,Jim

just bolted it to the k member and dropped the body over it. TTI headers shifter and all. It is a stock zbar that we just drilled the hole for and put it together. I got the parts from a 69 dart.

There was no way my TTI headers would fit with my stock Z bar.The only differance I had a GTS and a Lakewood Bellhousing.

I like fastbacks, but actually would prefer a coupe for my next project.

Seller:

Is it an original 383 car?

No, if it were I would be asking at least 25000.00

It's a great car for the money, no problems putting it back on the street.

Pm me and I will give you my number and we can talk

just added,

aluminium abody 833 out of the Lee Brothers 68 Barracuda. Pro shifted, and extra gears. comes with a Hurst Super shifter and rods.

this extra four speed comes with the car!

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

Are you sure? Ok I'll be honest, here goes...

What turned me off:

(1) I would have to repaint it right away, so what you claim as a selling point is actually a detractor for me. The more unique and crazy you get with the paint and graphics, the more people you alienate.

(2) 12.80 from a built 383 seems a bit slow, or is it a low compression stock engine? Either way...I could throw a completely stock 383 hp shortblock in and be running 12.50s. But there are some nice pieces there that are worth money...so I don't know. I feel like I would have to replace the engine right away.

(3) $15k is a bit high considering what else you can get for that much these days. You mentioned asking $25k if it was a 383-S car...theres a '69 383 4 speed car advertised here for $6.5k, very nice body but needs drivetrain. Look on racingjunk.com - tons of clean, good running 11 and 10 second cars for around $10-12k.

Are you sure? Ok I'll be honest, here goes...

What turned me off:

(1) I would have to repaint it right away, so what you claim as a selling point is actually a detractor for me. The more unique and crazy you get with the paint and graphics, the more people you alienate.

(2) 12.80 from a built 383 seems a bit slow, or is it a low compression stock engine? Either way...I could throw a completely stock 383 hp shortblock in and be running 12.50s. But there are some nice pieces there that are worth money...so I don't know. I feel like I would have to replace the engine right away.

(3) $15k is a bit high considering what else you can get for that much these days. You mentioned asking $25k if it was a 383-S car...theres a '69 383 4 speed car advertised here for $6.5k, very nice body but needs drivetrain. Look on racingjunk.com - tons of clean, good running 11 and 10 second cars for around $10-12k.

451Cuda,

thanks for the honesty,

1) the paint is blue on white. The graphics are vinyl and are removable.

2) the engine is 8.0 to 1 compression, it has a mild cam and TTI 2" headers, the heads are just a mild port job, nothing fancy. a set of 915's would help boost compression. It has a Team G intake and holley 750. ARP bolts on the bottom end but the rest is stock. The cam is one just below the 509, I believe it is around 480
12.8 is not bad considering it is basically stock.

3)as for price I am open to offers. the fact that I can deliver it, depending on location has to be considered in the price. Send me an offer and we have a starting point.

thanks for the input

Dorian

I would suggest removing the decals, putting some interior back in, taking new pics.

As far as me making an offer, I'll have to pass.

I basically want two different A-bodies....one being an original 383 car (prefer barracuda) that is kept mostly original, and the other being a barracuda coupe that I can cut up for a fast street/strip car. I was originally interested in your car because I thought it might have been a 383-S coupe (my favorite).

Since it's not, it would have to be the base for the modified car - and although I considered using it for that - I think it's much too nice and expensive for that purpose. There's too many things I would have to remove or change to fit my needs. I'd rather cut up a parted out car that needs restored and is on the much cheaper end of the scale.

Thanks for looking guys, don't think I am going to sell at anything less so my dreams of going really fast are going to have to be put on the back burner.

Dorian

Thanks for looking guys, don't think I am going to sell at anything less so my dreams of going really fast are going to have to be put on the back burner.

Dorian

Just out of curiosity, how fast do you want to go? What are those little brackets underneath the front bumper?

I like your car, the big flake in the blue and the blue headlights are cool!

Just out of curiosity, how fast do you want to go? What are those little brackets underneath the front bumper?

I like your car, the big flake in the blue and the blue headlights are cool!

I want to start around 10.5 then eventually 7.50

Those little brackets are for flat towing to the local drag strip about 10 min away.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back