68 barracuda formula s 383

-
I got one bought off the Showroom floor in Hawaii in Jan 68. Needs a full resto but i have all the "numb match" parts !

Resized952019042095115355(1).jpg

20190420_153949.jpg

20190420_153939.jpg

Thanks, I remember that. Steve Juliano's car, right? That selling price was like six times the estimate. Virtually everyone was astounded. Two guys really wanted it, and were willing to pay. A very special car. A low mileage, highly optioned, unrestored 340-S Mod Top. Maybe the only one in existence. I'm going to call that an anomaly.

Now all this thread needs is some knucklehead saying it's not worth it because he wouldn't pay that much.

The 1969 Barracuda Notchback 340 4 speed Mod Top sold for 400,000.00
Notchbacks are worth a lot more than most people think especially the ones that just like fastbacks.

That was a Survivor condition 340 Mod Top.

AND most of all it came from the Steve Juliano collection auction.

That price was an outlier.

That was a Survivor condition 340 Mod Top.

AND most of all it came from the Steve Juliano collection auction.

That price was an outlier.
Ok here is another one, My Buddies Mod Top 318 sold for 95,000.00

Last edited:
I have watched 67-69 cudas on Mecum for awhile. They are pretty thinly traded, so a price is hard to establish. There are a lot that sell in the teens & 20s, fewer in the 30s & 40s. Above that, seems like it has to be pretty special. No accounting for options in these prices.

Just saying that if you want to buy one in the 30s or 40s, you can probably be picky.

Last edited:
Sure, if you want to call a 383-S in just less than concours condition "run of the mill."
Has any notch other than an M-Code ever sold for $58.5 K? Unless it has some sort of provenance like ownership by Tom Hoover or Ronnie Sox, I'd be surprised.

I should have explained my "old cars" value estimates, old cars report buyers guide is a quarterly publication that places value on cars from auction and sales data. the prices I posted are backed up by hard data. google " old cars report price guide" to subscribe to the magazine. I cannot imagine anyone buying or selling these cars without a subscription to base prices. as for run of the mill the prices are just that. there was a 30% premium for 383-S cars. please re read my previous post more carefully.

I should have explained my "old cars" value estimates, old cars report buyers guide is a quarterly publication that places value on cars from auction and sales data. the prices I posted are backed up by hard data. google " old cars report price guide" to subscribe to the magazine. I cannot imagine anyone buying or selling these cars without a subscription to base prices. as for run of the mill the prices are just that. there was a 30% premium for 383-S cars. please re read my previous post more carefully.

I read your post, and understood completely. I'm familiar with Old Cars price guides, and realize they aren't the only valuation tool available.
Hagerty's valuation was specifically for a '68 383 coupe. Add ten percent for 4-speed. Hagerty is in the business of buying these cars when damaged. I'd imagine they have an idea of their value.
My intention was to reply to the OP. I did so, and don't intend to go down this rabbit hole with you debating which valuation method is the more accurate.
Have a nice day.

I read your post, and understood completely. I'm familiar with Old Cars price guides, and realize they aren't the only valuation tool available.
Hagerty's valuation was specifically for a '68 383 coupe. Add ten percent for 4-speed. Hagerty is in the business of buying these cars when damaged. I'd imagine they have an idea of their value.
My intention was to reply to the OP. I did so, and don't intend to go down this rabbit hole with you debating which valuation method is the more accurate.
Have a nice day.

old cars not accurate in all cases, its a starting point. Insurer data is included in old cars estimate. overall cars are worth what buyers are paying, old cars looks at all the data. insurers are some of their biggest advertisers. also remember insurers are in the business of collecting premiums not paying claims.

I'm replying to your characterization of my run of the mill comment and your disbelief of values based of hard sold data by quoting my post.
this is not a debate and I have never been in a rabbit hole. hope you had fun down in that one by yourself.
bring more argument, prove to me you are a jackass.

and you have a nice day as well.

There's a member here who has a notch back that he claims is a mod top. He repainted it red, removed the vinyl top and the interior.?????

-
Back