68 barracuda lower side stripe

-

fat-lip-resto

Reaction score
hi guys this is my first post and need help i have a 68 barracuda in my shop and i am going to paint the lower stripes on and need the dimentions also i need to modify the rear valance panel for dual cutouts and need the dimentions for that also any help would be awsome

Wecome to Fabo!

I have done both, without dimensions.

Don't have a clue where you would ever find them. I just went by the pictures (on my Formula S fastback) that came with graphics on my stripes, since I didn't paint them on. I think you could do the same with painting.

As far as the cutouts go, the exhaust exits on the inside of the frame rail, on both sides. The hanger helps offset it almost to the center of the frame rail. So that is what I used to cut mine out.

Attachments

• my682.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 259
hi guys this is my first post and need help i have a 68 barracuda in my shop and i am going to paint the lower stripes on and need the dimentions also i need to modify the rear valance panel for dual cutouts and need the dimentions for that also any help would be awsome

Hope this helps. My camera won't zoom in very well!
These are of the door stripe and the front fender. I have already stripped the body to bare metal so the 1/4 no longer is there. This is probably the worst tape measure I could find Lol!

Attachments

• 1 stripe 007.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 1 stripe 006.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 1 stripe 005.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 1 stripe 004.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 1 stripe 003.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 1 stripe 002.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 1 stripe 001.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 232

Here is a couple shots of my AMD rear bodypanel,
Just flip the tape for opposite side!

Attachments

• 1cutout 001.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 1cutout 002.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 1cutout 003.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 208
wow perfect thanks its nice there are still people who will go out of thier way to help a guy out thanks again

No problem! Got laid off so I have time to tinker with my "S". Just waiting on more sheetmetal from AMD.

i am the owener operator of a restoration shop in mn and have done several mopars and AMD is the only way to go far better than anyone else

Attachments

• DSCF0649_resize.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF0650_resize.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCF0645_resize.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 201
  • 70-BEE440010.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 189
I do the same here in South Texas. My tower pc crashed and lost all of my photos of prior cars. I also do a bit of custom paint too! Last MoPar I did was a 69 Superbee Chassis car and my truck. Nice piece! Here are a few of ones I have done.

Attachments

• hmp 1 29 06 bad ***.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 194
  • dragram3.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 200
  • dragram.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN1183.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 208
  • bee1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 194
  • bee.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 200
your stuff looks great nice and straight i wish everyone knew what it takes to make em straight and make em fit and maybe they wouldnt ***** about their bill so much ha ha

your stuff looks great nice and straight i wish everyone knew what it takes to make em straight and make em fit and maybe they wouldnt ***** about their bill so much ha ha

With what I just did with my hood I would gladly pay to have it straight. Body work is part art and part voodo and black magic!

I had 110 hours in the Superbee at $75 "plus" paint time! Cleared a bit over $12,000 and the owner didn't bat an eye! He brought the Golfcart the following weekend and got it done by Sunday. I do one job at a time in spare time and promise "no" delivery date. Results speak for itself and end product makes people happy. All of my work is spread by word-of-mouth.

Had over 80 hours in my Ram. Just prep time.

My Falcon was a 1 day quicky. Buzzed it down Friday morning, sealed it then applied the stripes and shot the Furd Sonic blue to it. A friend showed up with his Sata Friday afternoon and we tagteamed the Clear and it was at the track the very next day. Thats my big head in the drivers seat!

I call myself Mr. Finesse. Eyesight is not much good! The eyes in my hands say it all. The older folks understand but the youngn's have no clue. NO pun intended. Many years of experience to achieve great result. Of course you must LOVE what you do too! NO BONDO here baby! Couldn't do it without my EAGLE II. Love that machine!

Wow, wish I had known that AMD made that rear body panel for these cars. I spent a lot of hours, making a cut off rear piece work on my car. I paid a lot for it, including shipping, and had a lot of work after I got it.

Attachments

• back of 68 march 3 2009 001.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 183
  • back of 68 march 3 2009 003.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 181
  • back of 68 march 3 2009 006.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 164
AMD has nice Quality sheetmetal! They just don't have enough yet for the 67-9 Barracuda's yet. Got a bunch for them damn Darts and Dusters tho!! I guess cause they are everywhere and were produced for a while. Got mine for less than $300 shipped! They call it a rear valance?????

-
Back