68 Barracuda Notch 15x7 Wheel Question

-

340SNOTCH

Reaction score
I know there is a ton of wheel questions, so sorry for asking another one. I found a set of 15 inch steel wheels that were painted and ordered for a Charger from Classic Industries. They were accidentally ordered with the small bolt pattern and are for sale in my area. Will 15x7 with 4 inch back space work on my notch for the front and the back? My car has drum brakes and stock suspension. Anybody with info. or a notch that can let me know would be much appreciated...Thanks

Should be fine if everythings stock.I had 15x8s on the front of my 69 notch while i was painting.

These are new and the seller had them already painted in gloss black ppg urethane. $200 for the set, so I will give them a try. He even said I could put down a deposit and he would give me two of them to check for fitment.

They originally were 4 1/4" So double check and measure with straight edge to very edge rim to the mounting bolt surface.

I have run them with 225/60/15 tires front and rear with large bolt pattern. But that is very close in front. People have had that rub backing up with thier 67-69 Cudas.

Now the small bolt front end is supposed to be narrower by 1/4"? on each side.

215/60/15 would a safer bet in the front for tire clearance.

My experience with small bolt pattern on a '67 notch is similar to Autoxcuda's.
This is a very close call and may not be worth it. Do some measuring.

On my car, which is set lower than stock, I dropped a plumb bob and found 5.2" fender lip to hub where the wheel seats.
By the calculations a 8.8 inch wide tire (theoretical section width for a 225) should clear the fender even with a 4" back space.
My experience has been that a 225 can catch the stainless trim with the equivalent of 4.125" back space.

For a car set to factory hieght, there will be more room to fender. But under severe compression, the control arms will the wheel further out in the arc. Under compression with the wheel turned is when it will catch. For example, sharp turn into a steep driveway.

I was thinking 215/60/15 front and 255/60/15 rear, but not sure on the rear. I will see if the tire shop has a couple used tires that I can try for fitment before I order my new tires with them.

I was thinking 215/60/15 front and 255/60/15 rear, but not sure on the rear. I will see if the tire shop has a couple used tires that I can try for fitment before I order my new tires with them.

I've run 245/60/15 on factory cop rims. My rear end is as wide as a small bolt pattern because they are small bolt pattern axles and drums, just the bolt pattern was redrilled and tapped for threaded cap screws as lug bolts.

My steelies are on! I went with BFG 235/60/15 in back and 215/60/15 in front. Everything fits with no problems. I decided for now to leave the wheels black, since it breaks up the red and matches the vinyl top.

Attachments

• IMG_1162.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1166.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 185
-
Back