68 barracuda quarter panels

-

planenut

Reaction score
Is it possible to get OEM or similar quality quarters for a 68 barracuda convertible, does anyone manufacture them ? I'm hearing that the replacement quarter panel "skins" shouldn't really be used as complete replacement panels. I have the car on a rotis and have factory quarters that have had a poorly done patched in lower portion of another factory quarter. I was hoping to remove the entire mess and replace the entire quarter. I have been told mixed messages, from put on the "skins", to the originals could be worked out easier and with nicer results. opinions from experienced members greatly appreciated.

I have repops on my 67 conv. right side was ok . left side the line near the top didnt line up with the one on the door. didnt catch it till it was to late.Anyway if you get them try to pay attention to the details before its to late like i didnt. you can deal with the **** its just work. good luck.

OEM replacement quarters would be extremely rare today and priced accordingly. :(
Aftermarket quarters aren't complete to the trunk rain gutter . They have to be cut and pieced somewhere , so may as well keep as much of the original sheetmetal as possible or practicle.

Last time I saw an OEM quarter on ebay was about 2 years ago and it went for over $2000. Putting the skins on my 67 right now. Not perfect but it sure beats the patchwork someone pulled on the car years ago when nothing was available.

-
Back