'68 Barracuda Rear Window

-

Raul

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas of installation of a good aftermarket rear window defogger elements or even a heater/blower that can be attached somewhere back there that would look ok to defog/defrost rear window on those humid mornings?

Also; how many moulding clips are necessary for the rear window chrome trim moulding?

You didn't specify fastback or notchback. There were factory rear window defoggers available for both.
I have or had the clip count and placement drawings for both cars. My photobucket is fecked up though, posts the wrong pictures. Good luck

I've got the fastback....I bought a package of retainer clips with a count of 24 clips but 26 screws....Did they short me a couple of clips or give me extra screws....Would like to know before I put the window back in.
I had no idea they came with defoggers. I do notice a cutout near the rear window interior trim panel where a blower might fit into. Is that what you're referring to? Any idea where I may find one? Do they make after market replacement defoggers; if so where might I find one?

Clips Count and location.

rearWindowClips.jpg

Factory ones don't work that well. I have one in my notchback.

Barely faster that regular heat comming from the heater and working its way back.

Thank you for the link or on the after market defrosters/defoggers. Have you purchased/installed them yourself? Do you know if these are a good product in reliability and function? Certainly better than nothing, I guess....

Yes, my Real First Name is Raul. Haven't thought of a good forum name yet.

I have no experience in them and was just curious if you were looking for a film type solution or an actual blower type like the original units.

I cussed for a day stripping the old tint off my fastback glass and have no need or desire for anything on my glass anymore!

I might add the fellow that tinted my tinted glass in J'Ville Fl. Did a heck of great job. That stuff was still stuck tight with no bubbles 25 years later!

Last edited:
Thank you for the link or on the after market defrosters/defoggers. Have you purchased/installed them yourself? Do you know if these are a good product in reliability and function? Certainly better than nothing, I guess....

Yes, my Real First Name is Raul. Haven't thought of a good forum name yet.
I am a Raul Also. you will make 3 person I've met in my 61 years with that name.

I am a Raul Also. you will make 3 person I've met in my 61 years with that name.

Heck I am only 55 and have met plenty of gentlemen named Raul, work with one now!

How do you get Roy from Raul?

I would be nice if somebody made a blower unit with a little electric heater unit inside to at least blow a little warm air!!

I would be nice if somebody made a blower unit with a little electric heater unit inside to at least blow a little warm air!!
I saw something on year one's catalogue that might fit behind the trim piece of the fastback, but aren't those vents only on the passenger side??

Suppose a 12 volt hair dryer or 2 has been tried?

-
Back