68 Barracuda rocker molding

-

Hyper Henry

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good pics of the installed rocker panel molding with the gills and spears?? And can the spears be installed without drilling holes and using clips, maybe 3M tape???

Thanks
Derrick

Mounting those pieces with trim tape would require first filling the entire inner cavity with something. that would add to their weight too. This might work for the spears but not the gills.

Mounting those pieces with trim tape would require first filling the entire inner cavity with something. that would add to their weight too. This might work for the spears but not the gills.

Yah was thinking the spears only, not the gills. I will drill the holes for those. Thought I remember reading somewhere that they filled the spears up with spay in foam and then used that black 3M body tape???

Yah was thinking the spears only, not the gills. I will drill the holes for those. Thought I remember reading somewhere that they filled the spears up with spay in foam and then used that black 3M body tape???
If I attempted that I would fill only sections of the spears with something like 2 part epoxy. Something that will set up hard and non porous so the trim tape will bond to it.

Best pic I have at the moment. Do it right and use clips. You wont find the OEM nylon clips but can use a wire spring clip and slide it into the backside of the spear.

Attachments

• 161020091202cropWEB.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 248
-
Back