68 Barracuda side window gap?

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
On my 68 Barracuda fastback I have a gap where the two side windows meet.The gap is under the felt where te two side window meet.The felt is in nice contion.Is there a way to adjust either window to fix this issue?

my 68 does same thing...look as though the front door glass is catching on the new roof rail gasket. I havent spent much time diagnosing yet though

If your front glass is adjusted correctly, "vent frame correct". The front glass does not adjust front to rear once the vent frame is Posistioned. It will adjust in and out but is fixed in the vent frame at the front. All the clearance is done with the rear glass. I adjust it for about 1/8 to 3/16 clearance and parallel to the front glass. The front rail on the rear glass adjusts at the top mount and the regulator posistion determines up and forward as well. You just have to get in there and start making small changes and you will see what you need to do. It's a PITA but once you figure out one side the other is a snap.

Also I like to raise the two upper stops for the rear glass and once it is posistioned lower them back down till they touch the glass mount. Obviously if there are worn parts back there they need to be addressed first.

Always start with door hinges and latch post position and condition. Especially where the issue is at drivers door.

Did you give it a look?

If the rear glass is past the quarter seal enough on the the front glass you should be fine without adjusting.

-
Back