68 Barracuda spear molding clips??

-

Russ H

Reaction score
Can anyone post a picture of an original clip that was used to attach the rocker panel spear molding to a 68 Barracuda? I assume that these clips are not being reproduced. Any ideas on what to use would be much appreciated.

Russ

I don't have pics but they were a plastic/vinyl clip. I tried sourcing them from various places but found that they are virtually impossible to obtain. I did try 70 Challenger deck lid moulding clips as an alternative (rumoured to fit) but they were no good - no wide enough to keep the spear firmly in place. Eventually I found some 7/8 x 1" wire spring clips from Mr G's www.mrgusa.com that did the job. The spears are about 7/8" wide so the clips slide in there tightly and the whole spear can then be attached to the rocker panel via the spring slips (and removed at will). I just checked the Mr G's site and these clips are still in the catalogue although says few left. See page 45 of the PDF Mr G's catalogue under "Miscellaneous Clips" part # FA2494. If you use them you will have to prise the spear apart as you slide them into position due to the tight fit. But they worked well for me.

-
Back