68 barracuda top rear window question

-

rlipp69

Reaction score
I am going to be putting a new top on my 68 barracuda. My question is if i install the new top with rear glass instead of the plastic rear window would i have to remove the glass before lowering top or will it fold ?

Ralf

I have a rear glass in my 68 Dart. When I picked it up from the top shop I asked the same question. They lowered it down for me with the glass in place with no problem, BUT they suggested I unzip it just to be safe. Its a big window and I didn't want any problems so that's what I do. Interested to hear from others.

Wont be to that point for a few yrs on my 68 Bcuda..... but the rear glass in my 69 Fury has never been unzipped and goes up and down with the top just fine for 12 years now. "They" recomemd unzipping it for lowering/raising, and it is a good idea... ive just been to lazy to walk the aft deck in the barge to reach it. It is up and down many, many times a year.

Mine has never been unzipped in the thirteen years it's been on there. Just don't have anything sticking up in the trunk. It could break the glass.

The correct hard glass for a B'cuda is nearly identical in size and shape to the notch back rear glass. I don't think the aftermarket has anything similar. They would use a more generic glass. Does that shape have a bearing on the unzip before lowering practice ? I don't know.

Robbins has or at least had the correct shaped glass in thier tops. A friend had sent them an original after getting a replacement that was flat. They had been more than happy to get the correct one in thier system at the time.

No, the rear curtain does not need to be unzipped to put the top down...

-
Back