68 barracuda vacuum lines

-

Mopar6974

Reaction score
i know this has been asked before. I looked over older posts, but did not find it completely. I am looking for a picture of where the 3 vacuum lines coming of the heater controls connect to on the engine manifold. I checked the the 68 manual and nothing there. any help with this would be great. descriptions are good however i really need to get a visual on this.

OEM lines have color coded stripes. I had a diagram here. Don't know if I can find it today though.
Only 1 attaches to the engine manifold vacuum port. That is vacuum supply to the controller. The other 2 go on the servo/ pod at water control valve. It is or should be on the right inner fender. Controller calls for heat, one vacuum line opens the valve. Controller calls for air, other vacuum line closes the valve.

OEM lines have color coded stripes. I had a diagram here. Don't know if I can find it today though.
Only 1 attaches to the engine manifold vacuum port. That is vacuum supply to the controller. The other 2 go on the servo/ pod at water control valve. It is or should be on the right inner fender. Controller calls for heat, one vacuum line opens the valve. Controller calls for air, other vacuum line closes the valve.

there does not seem to be a water valve of any kind on the heater lines coming off the water pump. the just go directly to the heater core

I sounds like your missing your heater valve. Is this a factory AC car?

The 2 vacuum lines go to the diaphragm on the water control control valve.

Attachments

• IMG_2079 crop.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 138
red stripe on one white stripe on the other. The third is all black. from any picture I can see this year seems to run it heater lines from the water pump right to the heater core.

-
Back