'68 Bcuda "NASTY NICK"

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car started with a plain jane 440 and got into the 10's after putting it on a diet. After several years I moved the motor back 10 inches. You can tell from the new longer snorkle scoop. A new radical short block (ONLY) put the car into the 9's. It ran a 9.59 ONCE. It would run 9.70's at any NE track (Englishtown, ATCO, Maple Grove, York PA, etc.), depending on the weather. Super Sweet Ride! P.S....it carried the front wheels until 2nd gear started to bring it down.[email protected]

Attachments

• 1-30-2011a_001.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,362
  • IMG_0192a.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,343
  • IMG_0183b.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,312
  • IMG_0208a.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,337
sweet looking ride. I love the tilt front end on that. If you have more pics of how the tilt front was structured i would really like it if you could post them up

More pics

Attachments

• 026.JPG @90%.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,283
  • 027.JPG @90%.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,255
Fun thread.

Looks like you had a 69 hood and front grille surround on it prior to going with the "flip up" front end.

Gotta love the spark plug holder! :D

Picture and a bump! Dropping the price to $1700.

Attachments

• 011.JPG @50%.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,078
Sweet cuda.

Tow it like it is to some of the big Mopar meets.

Maybe someone with deep pockets might pay you a good chunk for it.

Still for sale, any reasonable offers??? I didn't buy this to resell, but that is what i have decided to do at this point. I will keep it before i take a loss on it.

I might see if it's wanted for the "barn finds" at Carlisle.

a pic here of nick's cougar about 3/4 the way down the page. hope this car gets restored, too many old race cars have been junked over the years...:sad5:

Still for sale, have some interest out of MI. Dave

VERY cool story. I may be interested if it was closer. I wouldnt sell it, but understand everyone is has unique situations. I just want to know if those plugs sitting inside the fender are original from when Nick was running the car. :)

Heck I wish you were closer cause that's a decent deal.

VERY cool story. I may be interested if it was closer. I wouldnt sell it, but understand everyone is has unique situations. I just want to know if those plugs sitting inside the fender are original from when Nick was running the car. :)
Yes, the plugs are from back in the race days, There are 4 on each side. I think i looked at them? All 8 still there.

very interesting thread, was so cool that Nick chimed in with all the pictures and info, great thread,Joe

Very neat piece of history. I like that the 68 grilles got swapped onto the 69 nose later on.

Grant
Hey Grant, Dave with the M-code registry! Yeh had '69 header and hood at one time but still had '68 grills. Then came the fibre glass tilt nose, keeping the '68 grills.....................$1700 firm

Would love to keep it........if i do my addition it may stay with me!!!

love this thread! Haven't been here in a while but this thread was worth the visit!

cool peice of history! plugs in fenders are cool!

k frame is interesting....not sure how it works? torsion bars are removed ?

No offence Dorian,but cage inspection is only for cars faster than 9.99.NHRA just came back to my local track and a bunch of guys are tuning there cars to run low 10,s just to stay away from all the fee$$,physicals and such.

I hope this car gets saved and back at the track with some work.

No offence taken, but you may want to sonic test the bars for safety reasons, if they are too thin they will not protect you in a rollover even if your running 12's.

The car ran 9's and is capable of it again hence the reason to redo the cage, safety for you and the guy next to you in the other lane should always be taken into consideration.

As for detuning a 9 sec car to run 10's, once it ran 9's it has to pass inspection unless the car is incapable of running 9's. (different motor with less hp etc.)

Great looking car!

No offence taken, but you may want to sonic test the bars for safety reasons, if they are too thin they will not protect you in a rollover even if your running 12's.

The car ran 9's and is capable of it again hence the reason to redo the cage, safety for you and the guy next to you in the other lane should always be taken into consideration.

As for detuning a 9 sec car to run 10's, once it ran 9's it has to pass inspection unless the car is incapable of running 9's. (different motor with less hp etc.)

Great looking car!

Daves Trying To SELL The Car NOT Put It On The Track AS IS!...I Had A Similiar Dilema..I Had A 68 BO29 Car That Was With A BRAND NEW FUNNY CAR CAGE And Ladder Link Coil-Over But Was In Despair...I FINALLY Sold It To Someone That Put It Back To A SS/AH Car...

SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back