68 bucket seats - worth saving?

-

plugger340

Reaction score
In this era of cheap aftermarket and salvaged (later model) bucket seats, is there any value in original bucket seats? I have a pair of 68 A body seats that I'm trying to figure out what to do with. They're in good shape, the vinyl/fabric is good with some of the piping cracked, the foam is getting brittle and some of the hinge covers are damaged.

Attachments

• seat1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 196
  • seat2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 198
  • seat3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 205
Heck yeah.Try finding some 68 bucket seats,you,ll notice there isn,t any available.LOL.I,d say they are atleast worth $300 if not more.

Oh,with tracks they,re worth more.JMO

Guess that means I ought to save my 65 buckets, which I was planning on anyway.

68 buckets are hard to find in any condition.

Stick those on ebay and you'll have no trouble getting a few hundred for them.

90% of the parts on these cars are worth something and worth saving.

Besides, cheap aftermarket or newer car buckets look goofy and out of place in these cars.

I just bought a set of 68 gts buckets for $250, that need seat bun's, covers, and hinge covers, and I feel like that was a steal!

I probably would keep them but I have an aftermarket set that I'm using and I don't have the space to store the originals so I guess I'll list them (1MeanA expressed an interest so I'll check with him). Thanks for your help (even though I feel like a Mopar traitor)

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way!

I was on the fence about this for awhile. I was debating taking my buckets out and installing a high back aftermarket seats. I wasn't looking at the cheapos either but made my mind up that the stock seats just need to stay. Now if the car was more of a pro street type car I guess it would appropriate but not for my car.

-
Back