68 Charger on CL

-
Just because you threw "X" into a project, dont think someone will give you "X" to buy it. Where do these people come from? Wait till next year, when the bottom begins to fall out of the markets and he doesnt even get an offer.

It is hard to tell by his few photos whether he has $76k worth of parts laying around. Looking on ebay you can get a pretty sweet 68 charger RT in the $40 to $55k range.

My question is, at $80k invested, shouldn't it be a running driving car?

can easily have that into it and not be ready to drive.

that paint sure isn't cheap.. could easily have 20k into that depending what it needed.

who knows what he has into that motor.. again could easily have 20k into that.

suspension.. that rear without those big brakes is atleast 2k. the front suspension is probably around 6k and who knows what else he may have for the car..

Its easy to have large amounts of money into a project, depending on what you can do yourself and what you have to pay others to do. At this point i have $25K into my duster project without paint.

Someone local to him should have a look at it and see if the receipts add up ;)

Whether it's worth it or not is a matter of opinion.
The amount of money spent on the car is his business, especially if you get a shop to do everything at 100 bucks an hour plus parts, it can add up fast.
Shouldn't it be running for what has been invested so far?
I personally would think so, but then again, some people have a LOT deeper pockets than i have, the one thing that i think is for that kind of money, i would have expected to see a gen 2 Hemi in it.

-
Back