-
Status
Not open for further replies.

matthon

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Bought here about a decade ago, never used. My understanding is it came from a 68 Barracuda center console. Also, I believe another short harness is needed, it goes under the passenger footwell to the kick panel area, I think.

I only have the one harness.

$100 shipped to the 48, it's going in one of those <edit> forgot to type the rest of this sentence, going in one of those priority mail boxes, I think it's $15 or $20.

20191114_185127.jpg

20191114_185143.jpg

Last edited:
Yes...that's the piece that goes from the pass kick panel, under the carpet to the console itself. The other harness runs from near the steering column along the lower dash frame to the pass kickpanel area, and plugs into this harness.

The orange wire and black ground wire in this harness serves the shift indicator lamp. The 2 purple/violet wires serve a shifter mounted reverse lamp switch. That switch moved to the trans/neutral safety switch in mid 1968 so not every 68 will need those. Additional wiring would be req'd for a lighter in the console. It tied in at the dash ash tray lighter wiring. Base model with blank plug instead of lighter would need nothing more.

Great info, thank you.
That explains why it has those black pieces, to keep the wires together and flat along the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back