68 cuda bench in a 71 duster?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
it bolts in but seems like it sits a little high and won't go back quite far enough. will duster seats tracks bolt on this seat and let the seat slide back a little more??? the seat has been recovered by PO is is a really good seat, just trying to use it. anyone know??

The tracks will bolt in for each year, I have had some that had 1/2" spacers underneath to raise the seat up, that might help.

The tracks will bolt in for each year, I have had some that had 1/2" spacers underneath to raise the seat up, that might help.
the tracks bolt right to floor as usual, the seat seems to sit a little HIGH to me, and shold slide further back on tracks too?? compared to 70-up a body duster seat??

I have to think I could bolt on a set of 70- up A body seat tracks and it might work like it should, the tracks on this seat now do not let it go back far enough.

Sounds like you have a set of four door tracks on that seat
I have to wonder too. the left side has only 2 spots to adjust to. cold be for maybe more door. I just have never seen so much stuff cobbled up as in last few years. what would a set of tracks cost me, old friend, old buddy!!????? please no brother - in - law prices!! Ha
if you have anyone looking for a perfect 68 cuda ( black) rear seat, send them to SE TX!!!!

got er fixed. just needed my right angle grinder, cut off wheels, mig welder, hammer, vise, channel ocks, little scrap steel, would of used my torch but the gauges quit working, the hose leaks, the torch needs new o rings, and I was out of O2...... good thing I am a fabricator!!??

Damn. I've got a set of bench seat tracks left over from my Duster that would have been a heck of a lot easier than that....

-
Back