68 dart 440

-
finally got it back from glass, came out great. hopefully motor is going in thursday
dodgedart051.jpg

dodgedart052.jpg

dodgedart053.jpg

dodgedart054.jpg

dodgedart055.jpg

test fit, everything is good, just gotta grind some extra metal off the front of the master cylinder for some more clearence
dodgedart060.jpg

dodgedart061.jpg

Joe,

Sorry if this was already asked, but what goes thru the hose that will connect between the two manifolds? Just an equalizer of sorts for the intake?

Joe Mc

no not yet just test fitting it, they might be getting powder coated with that ultra chrome finish, after reading some stuff about the clear going over polished aluminum it turns yellow after a little while. and i dont want to leave them bare cause thats to much maintenence so im going tomorrow to the powder coater to see what kind of finished he has.

no not yet just test fitting it, they might be getting powder coated with that ultra chrome finish, after reading some stuff about the clear going over polished aluminum it turns yellow after a little while. and i dont want to leave them bare cause thats to much maintenence so im going tomorrow to the powder coater to see what kind of finished he has.

Don't you mean SHE? :D

Is your intake on the passenger side going to hit under hard acceleration?

Are you going to post a video of start up and let us all hear this work of art run?

no it shouldnt hit, the motor still has to come up a little, and im putting a torque bar on it,we'll find out though haha. and yes ill put a video up when fireing day comes

I'm thinking about in the future polishing my Performer intake so I don't won't to do all that work for nothing but I wasn't going to clear over it. I was just going to leave it bare like Weld racing wheels. Can't wait until you find out something... as long as it doesn't look like paint it would look good.

thanks. little update, the intakes arent gonna be polished :( i went to get them powder coated with a polished like finish but because the castings were so old the metalic wasnt sitting right. they said we could do it with a color with no metalic so i chose flat black sense thats the only color that would go with the car. Hopefully get them back this week. This just came in too, should be going in tonight.
dodgedart076.jpg

dodgedart077.jpg

dodgedart078.jpg

Joe, the car's coming along beautifully ... you should be VERY proud!!!

Old manifold castings can be smoothed out fairly easily (just gotta have patience and the right tools) but I'm sure a flat black will be stunning too. I'm anxious to see them when they're done.

For what it's worth, I would've loved an opportunity to quote your powder work. Please consider PSC the next time you're getting something done. As JR alluded, I try to treat these guys and gals pretty well. :-D

-
Back