68 Dart engine harness jumper wire

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
I've got the original harness and the replacement M&H harness side by side. The original harness has a short brown jumper wire on one of the bulkhead connectors. The new harness doesn't have this jumper wire. I'm wondering if other 68 harnesses have this wire or if it was added at some point. If it's original, what is its purpose?

The jumper wire goes from the red wire to the black wire w/yellow tracer. According to a wiring diagram, the red wire goes to the high beam plugs and the black wire goes to the parking lights. The brown jumper looks factory. It has a little loop on each end that helps it stay in the bulkhead connector.

Would this jumper cause the parking lights to come on with the high beams?

[URL="http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/burdar/Misc/dart14005_zpsb5f28e28.jpg"][/URL]

Sorry, can't help you with you question, but am interested in the harness. Who is M&H and what did you pay for the harness? Did you get the engine and forward light harness together? Thanks!

M&H is sold through Year One. Harnesses are basically the only thing I buy from Year One. I wait for a 25 or 30% sale. You can get them other places but they are just buying them from Year One. M&H has an exclusive contract with Year One. IMO they are the best harness on the market.

I bought the engine/ forward light harness(one piece) and the tail light harness. I cleaned up the original dash harness. Prices for those two harnesses were very cheap I thought. With discounts, the tail light harness was $70...the engine/forward light harness was just over $100. The dash harness is significantly more.

Anyone have a 68 Dart? Does your harness have the jumper wire?

It's not factory. Somebody has been doing "something."

M&H is sold through Year One. Harnesses are basically the only thing I buy from Year One. I wait for a 25 or 30% sale. You can get them other places but they are just buying them from Year One. M&H has an exclusive contract with Year One. IMO they are the best harness on the market.

I bought the engine/ forward light harness(one piece) and the tail light harness. I cleaned up the original dash harness. Prices for those two harnesses were very cheap I thought. With discounts, the tail light harness was $70...the engine/forward light harness was just over $100. The dash harness is significantly more.

Glad to hear that because I'm waiting on a engine/forward lighting harness from Year One right now. I ordered it about a month ago using the discount. I was just second guessing my purchase...again.

I just checked my old 67 harness and it didn't have the jumper.

-
Back