68 Dart lower front shock bolts seized

-

Markbo

Reaction score
Where can these be had?
Soaked in PB blaster, but I think it's a lost cause. Time for nut splitter and move on with new bolts and nuts.

Where can these be had?
Soaked in PB blaster, but I think it's a lost cause. Time for nut splitter and move on with new bolts and nuts.

hi and hello:

i also had this problem....do the following. Get an industrial heat gun or small gas torch. Heat the frozen nut and bolt combination...apply PB....it will steam and don't breath. Apply socket and long arm bar....hex nut it will either start to move or snap off. Use a wire brush between heat applications on the exposed threads.... its a lot of work but the above process has worked for me.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember them being a special bolt on mine, id just go to the hardware store.

Hasn't been so long ago that I provided a shopping list to a member who had no original hardware for this. At least you do have something to go by, so off to the hardware store you go. :)

These are 1/2" bolts does anybody know the length; 2- 2 1/2?
Does anybody know the size of the torsion bar to the swing arm bolts?

68 dart!

Lower shock hardware, I put all that in a earlier thread. I recall flat washer and nut ( no lock washer ) but I forget the bolt length. Should be simple enough to figer out if you cant find that previous thread/post through search.
Torsion bar has only a spring wire as keeper behind it. The height adjust bolt is special, all thread ball nose not found in hardware stores.

Lower shock hardware, I put all that in a earlier thread. I recall flat washer and nut ( no lock washer ) but I forget the bolt length. Should be simple enough to figer out if you cant find that previous thread/post through search.
Torsion bar has only a spring wire as keeper behind it. The height adjust bolt is special, all thread ball nose not found in hardware stores.
Thank you

-
Back