68 GTS Finally sees paint

-
Think he painted base coat then added the stripes.....know for sure clear went over the stripes..........he'll be glad to discuss with you

Attachments

• DSCN0324[1].jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 371
Much appreciated. I am not sure what I am going to do yet. My car didn't have a stripe originally, and it is not a GTS or Swinger (which had stripes in 69), but I want to put some type of stripe on the rear. I actually like the double stripe from your 68, but I am not sure how that would work with the rectangular side marker lights.

Sometimes doing nothing is better......not sure stripes added to a non stripe car is a good idea but it depends if u want to stay stock.....if you want to make it into a GTS clone then stripes are essential!....my opinion of course!

Sometimes doing nothing is better......not sure stripes added to a non stripe car is a good idea but it depends if u want to stay stock.....if you want to make it into a GTS clone then stripes are essential!....my opinion of course!

To me its more personal preference.. all cloning aside..., my car was a slant 6 grocery getter with no perks.. I wasnt trying to clone a swinger, but I always liked the swinger stripe on the 69 Dart... so... Thats what I did... I did other things to the car that it wouldnt have originally come with, but to me thats what makes it mine.. Even though I refer to it as a swinger sometimes, and others have called it that, I have never tried to pass it off as a true 69 swinger... Just liked the stripe LOL Hope that made some sense LMAO

I had been considering no stripes and just solid body and paint. The car came with shoulder trim all the way down the car (along the top of the fenders), but I already stripped that all off and am sealing those holes. I am probably going to take all of the badges off as well. Not really making a GTS clone. The car is nowhere near stock, particularly in the motor, and the interior will not be completely stock either.

To me its more personal preference.. all cloning aside..., my car was a slant 6 grocery getter with no perks.. I wasnt trying to clone a swinger, but I always liked the swinger stripe on the 69 Dart... so... Thats what I did... I did other things to the car that it wouldnt have originally come with, but to me thats what makes it mine.. Even though I refer to it as a swinger sometimes, and others have called it that, I have never tried to pass it off as a true 69 swinger... Just liked the stripe LOL Hope that made some sense LMAO

I am considering the GTS stripes though because like you with the Swinger stripes, I always liked the GTS stripes. I am more interested in making the car "mine" not simply restoring it.

I am considering the GTS stripes though because like you with the Swinger stripes, I always liked the GTS stripes. I am more interested in making the car "mine" not simply restoring it.

I would have to say I am more a fan of the making the car 'mine' concept... Not saying I dont like total stock resto's or anything like that.. Just to me unless its something special, (ex. 69 340 Swinger, GTS, factory big block or Hemi car etc etc) then I say do what makes ya feel good.. Its your car and your the only one who has to be happy with it or like it.. My Dart as I said started out life as stripped down /6, 904, 7.25 rear car with very few options. (they did spring for vinyl top and remote mirror LOL) .. I made it 360, 727, 8.75 suregrip, changed from the factory B3 blue to my favorite B5 blue, hood scoop, V8 badges in the fenders, and the Swinger stripe... If you want 68 style stripes on a 69, then by all means go for it... Didnt mean to hijack the thread.. back to our original programming LOL

I would have to say I am more a fan of the making the car 'mine' concept... Not saying I dont like total stock resto's or anything like that.. Just to me unless its something special, (ex. 69 340 Swinger, GTS, factory big block or Hemi car etc etc) then I say do what makes ya feel good.. Its your car and your the only one who has to be happy with it or like it.. My Dart as I said started out life as stripped down /6, 904, 7.25 rear car with very few options. (they did spring for vinyl top and remote mirror LOL) .. I made it 360, 727, 8.75 suregrip, changed from the factory B3 blue to my favorite B5 blue, hood scoop, V8 badges in the fenders, and the Swinger stripe... If you want 68 style stripes on a 69, then by all means go for it... Didnt mean to hijack the thread.. back to our original programming LOL

I appreciate the thoughts. I tend to agree, especially since the car is so far from stock already.

Kind of cool to do whatever you like to the car.....thats what makes the hobby fun!

Finally after 2+ years getting ready for the street!

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1652.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1692.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 244
Just noticed that! Too funny.....one day.....I'm still waiting 2 weeks for 1 set of seat brackets to get welded!

Looks Great !! Love the Cragars with the Red Lines

-
Back