68 GTS Finally sees paint

-
You'd have to be an IDIOT not to put a MOPAR back to it's original COLOR!!!

I guess I am an IDIOT. My 74 Dart is nowhere near original. Neither is my 72. Both were ugly colors in my opinion and I was not restoring them. This car on the other hand was worth restoring and is one of my favorite greens. Looks great and I look forward to more pics and the build. Thanks for sharing it on here.

Attachments

• DSC_0279 (800x423).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 491
You'd have to be an IDIOT not to put a MOPAR back to it's original COLOR!!!

That's one opinion. I wouldn't judge someone so harshly because they don't want a car painted a color that they don't like. I on the other hand painted my car back to the original color of Y2 which I cant stand but for some reason I felt compelled.

That's one opinion. I wouldn't judge someone so harshly because they don't want a car painted a color that they don't like. I on the other hand painted my car back to the original color of Y2 which I cant stand but for some reason I felt compelled.

why paint it a color you hate? its only paint.but i understand your loyality also

Not sure about the factory stripe......do I find that out on the fender tag?

Not sure about the factory stripe......do I find that out on the fender tag?

It would be on the build sheet for sure I do believe. (If you have it) I can't remember if that's on the fender tag or not

that's the same color my 68 GTS was. :happy1:

Another "in progress" picture

Attachments

• GROOME DART FEB 2014.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 381
look for the code 317 for white. back is 310, red is 314. That is all my car book shows as available.
also ff1 would be light mist green, and GG1 is avocado. Yours looks to be the mist, at least in the pictures.

Thanks....it is FF1....where do u find these codes , on the build sheet?

Look on the fender tag, it will also have the stripe choice, I don't see a code in the book for a delete, hough. 'll keep looking.

I have a question. Did you have the stripes on the rear put on before clear coat was sprayed or were the stripes put on after all paint work was done. I am thinking about putting some stripes on my car when I get it painted.

-
Back