68 gts HELP needed

-
yah in 68 they put in the 383 ,it all started in mr.norms shop . dodge wanted to know why a bigger motor wouldnt fit and mr.norms said we already have 1 with abig block in it .
some how it hadto do with a heat shield ,I cant remember the whole story .so within weeks the hemi dart non street legal car was unvailed and very few were produced .
but hurst was thrown in the conversation . if you calledtsi trans in chicago he can tellyou the whole story. They did a lot of outsourced top secret engeneering for chrysler back in the 50s and 60s and are still drag racing today in there late 70s and 80s they were all a tight knit little group that had there own 1/4 mile in 1 of there millionaires back yard on his private runway outside jolliet. Do some serious home work start at TSI they will tell you who. what , how , and why , you might have a very rare car. Mr Norms wouldbe my second call.

That story has been debunked a long time ago. Plymouth had a 383 in the Barracuda very early in the '67 model year...before Mr Norm ever did his, and since the engine compartments are the same, Dodge A-body to Plymouth A-body, there's no reason why Chrysler engineers would need a car dealer to figure out how to put a BB in a Dart.

As for the SS/AA Hemi-Dart's and Barracuda's, they were farmed out to Hurst Performance for the Hemi install.

Hope every one likes this one it's in nice shape

Welcome! A fellow Canadian. And located in Cold Lake; it's a short driving season there. You seem to be quite proud of your recent purchase and are seeking validation of it. It is a nice GTS! So now that you have our attention, share some details on it with us. What is the cars history? Is it an export car (made for Canadian market)? How did you find it? What did it cost you?

Don't be one of those peeps who claims to "Have a great story/joke but I'm not going to tell you it"

Do not know much about the car. It can out of Calgary AB,Canada,matching #'s 383 4 spd H code,original color was red, car was built at the Hamtramck MI. plant. Saw the car in Bonneville AB. about two months ago.Looked it over,then last week that dam muscle car bug came and
bit me again LOL. So down to Bonneville again put it on a hoist and WOW is looks bran
new under neath. Tried to talk the guy down in price. He would not budge. $30,000.00 is what I paid for it. I think that's a fair price for that car

-
Back