68 gts whats it worth?

-

stumpy 500

Reaction score
I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A WHAT I THINK IS A PRETTY RARE CAR TO POSSIBLY BUY. IT IS A 68 383 BB DART. IT HAS BEEN A RACE CAR ITS WHOLE LIFE BUT WAS NEVER CUT UP.IT IS LIGHT BLUE WITH WHITE INTERIOR,CONSOLE AUTO.HAS ALL DOCS AND FENDER TAG AS WELL.THERE IS NO MOTOR JUST TRANS. BODY IS RUST FREE TOO.WHAT ARE THESE CARS WORTH IN TODAYS MARKET? I KNOW ITS SOFT BUT THIS IS A GREAT COLOR/BB DART. ANY INFO FROM THE FABO MEMBERS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS:banghead:

Depends, Pics? Tag Codes? Vin? there was a 340/727 68 that sold for i think 4K with the motor and trans. Vin prefix is LS23 I think. A BB/auto probably 5K depending on rust ect.

Shoot, I'm thinking more like at least $5K, just going ballpark.....and as long as the interior isn't long gone or sun-fried.

Could not get pics.car is buried in garage. The interior is sweet,console,door panels all very nice.has an old really nice set of drag wheels with old school look.verk nice hood with the inserts,3.91 posi.comes with a bunch of race parts too.shifters old headers,guages.

Could not get pics.car is buried in garage. The interior is sweet,console,door panels all very nice.has an old really nice set of drag wheels with old school look.verk nice hood with the inserts,3.91 posi.comes with a bunch of race parts too.shifters old headers,guages.

Well, if it's been garaged for most or all of its life, and is only missing the engine......even in this economy, it could be worth quite a bit. Better make double sure about the rust though......and any wrinkled frame rails etc.

If you pass on it. Please pass it onto the Mopar word so it can get back on the road.
Start at 2k and go up.
Thanks and good luck

he wants in the 8 range.i think it is fair but there is a lot of nice cars running and driving for that money.it is rust free outside and underneath though. actually its almost spotless.thanks for the input guys.

w/o engine, manifolds, mounts etc all the RARE hard to find and EXPENSIVE stuff. At 8k I think that is pretty pricey. but with that said what other parts are with it? and was it cut for fenderwell headers?

Does it have cut inner fenders? if so possible one of the factory 440 GTS race cars. One of six.

i'd say 5K max or walk.

to get it back operational is going to cost you at least 5k-7k

and even then it wont be all original because the engine is gone.

What is it worth restored done?

I'm thinking with a complete down to the body shell resto, about $30K-$40K for auto non matching numbers block, with buildsheet and data tag.

Does it have a buildsheet?

If the car is truly rust free and NOT cut for fenderwell headers it would be a fair price at 7k-8k, 383 long block is cheap but exhaust manifolds run 650 to a 1000 depending on shape,oil pan 500 plus,radiator 500 for a core but repo is available 1100,sounds like a very nice car.

If the car is truly rust free and NOT cut for fenderwell headers it would be a fair price at 7k-8k, 383 long block is cheap but exhaust manifolds run 650 to a 1000 depending on shape,oil pan 500 plus,radiator 500 for a core but repo is available 1100,sounds like a very nice car.

Andy, what do you feel the current market is on this car when restored with non number block?

Being a 68, it having/not having a build going to have a decent impact?

If it has factory cut inner fenders worth about 20 to 30k at least in this state never mind restored 100k plus restored

I just bought an all numbers matching 68 GTS big block car (383, Auto). Complete with build sheet and car history. Has manifolds, exhaust with all the correct hangers. Motor and trans number matching. Pale yellow car with butt stripe, vinyl top.

Car is all originial, not cut up. Only mod was to the hood where someone put on hood pins.

I paid in the 7-8K range so figuring that this car you are looking at is minus the motor and not cut up I'd say 5-6K, 6.5K tops is fair

They didn't make very many big block 68's

3.91 suregrip ;) hahahah sorry I had to! Pics and vin number will tell you what you want to know but without that its like telling you if a women is hot only knowing her name.

but without that its like telling you if a women is hot only knowing her name.

That's a good scenario!!!! But what if the name is like Sophia.........now she's gotta be HOT!!!!!! :D

Really though, i'd be grabbing that BB-Dart, sounds great but look at it more and get the #'s......then again i'm some what partial, you see my name BB-Dave

Make sure rear wheel wells aren't cut out. I'm in the 5 to 6 grand range.

-
Back