68 Hemi Dart Hood Pins

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there had some good pics of a 68 hemi Dart with the hood off. The other thread about the 71 hood pin locations got me thinking since I wanted to put a full fiberglass pin on hood on my 67 Dart, but I didn't know if there were any differences between the body styles in the engine bay. I noticed that the factory hemi Dart had a full pin on hood, but haven't found any good pictures of the rear pins with the hood off, anyone out there have some? Someone mentioned on the other thread about reaching up through the vent doors and putting them in the cowl area, but I can't reach up through the passenger side because all the heater core stuff is in the way.

This is as close as I can get for right now. I will check other sources later tonight.

Marvin2.jpg

McVeysHemiDart.jpg

Hmm, looks like they are in the cowl area. I can see how to get to that from the driver's side, but would I have to pull the heater box stuff to get to the passenger? I suppose a heater delete on the original car may have made that easier, lol.

You can see the cowl hood pins here. This car was built by SS&AFX in Arizona. It shows up at a lot of local SoCal shows, but it is 'right' complete down to reproductions of the factory stickers.

Attachments

• Cruise_LaborDay2006 005.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 534
  • Cruise_LaborDay2006 001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 518
  • Cruise_LaborDay2006 003.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 455
Hope this pic helps. I know the owner of that red Dart, he previously owned and raced Shirley Shahan's original SS Dart.

Attachments

• DSC03201.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 463
I guess I'm just glad I have pretty long skinny arms, lol. It'll be awhile before I get a new hood for it since I still have to decide on the engine build, but either way I'd like to go fiberglass for sure. Anyone have advice on which way to go, changing hood springs for the lighter hood or a full set of pins to keep it on? I already have two pins, so I'll pin the front for sure either way.

You can see the cowl hood pins here. This car was built by SS&AFX in Arizona. It shows up at a lot of local SoCal shows, but it is 'right' complete down to reproductions of the factory stickers.

i was just gonna say i'll take pics tomarrow but u posted them before me! looks like the perkins car...

just got another dart ready for a maiden voyage today!

well here are some up close pics for u

Attachments

• 100_3485.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 433
  • 100_3486.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 469
  • 100_3487.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 469
Awesome, thanks for those closeups, that will be handy if I ever get around to drilling holes. Don't want to mess up the hood I have on it too much, but it's tempting.

Awesome, thanks for those closeups, that will be handy if I ever get around to drilling holes. Don't want to mess up the hood I have on it too much, but it's tempting.

yea the pin is where the other bolt should go so u only drill the hood. as for the ones on the firewall area he has found that to be a good place.

for drilling the hood, measure 9 times drill once. also use a small but first to see if it is centered on the pin tip then drill the bigger hole

-
Back