-
Status
Not open for further replies.

72swgnr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My father is trying to sell his Hemi GTX that has been sitting in the garage since 1984. The car needs a restoration and it comes with no engine but does come with the correct intake, Hemi Carbs, air cleaner assemebly and 4-speed. If anyone is seriously interested let me know and I will get you in contact with him for price, pics, and further info.

You may want to post vin info and fender tag info.

What is the asking price?

I'm not 100% sure but "I think" he said he wanted 30k for it. If you would like to talk to him about it and get some pics PM me and I can give you a phone number and Email address. He is also a member on Moparts if you want to get ahold of him that way.

Here are a few pics.

PICT0168.jpg

PICT0150.jpg

PICT0154.jpg

PICT0151.jpg

PICT0135.jpg

I would keep the dash and the air cleaner and part it out piece by piece and polish and sand blast some parts and sell the polished parts. thanks, Ed

I would keep the dash and the air cleaner and part it out piece by piece and polish and sand blast some parts and sell the polished parts. thanks, Ed

Um…. If this is a documented Hemi car that would be that dumbest damn recommendation ever made on this forum.

Sorry guys, my son decided to reply on this post(9 years old) ,then tell me he replied to a post. I would definitely restore this car if it was a true Hemi car,NOT PART IT OUT.That's what happens when you turn your back on the computer for 5 minutes and someone has to play with it.

Here's the deal the original short block for that car was windowed by the previous owner. The previous owner had another Hemi sitting around and use the block for the GTX. Back in the early 90's my father found the guy who owned the car that his block came out of. He sold the short block to the guy and then bought a MP siamese bore block and built a 528 hemi which is now in his truck. He has more fun with his truck than the GTX hence the reason its been sitting since '84. I'd post pics of the vin and fender tag but my father needs to learn how to take closeups that arent blurry lol

He doesnt have to sell the car. If he doesnt get his asking price he will just tuck it away in the garage again. BTW its 1 of 234 4-speed cars built with a Hemi that year.

Sorry guys, my son decided to reply on this post(9 years old) ,then tell me he replied to a post. I would definitely restore this car if it was a true Hemi car,NOT PART IT OUT.That's what happens when you turn your back on the computer for 5 minutes and someone has to play with it.

Ok once again I feel like a total jack ***.

NO Not at all Maybe for an unrestored hemi cuda

maybe not to you, but there are some people that would pay that much for it. I don't agree with the price either, but I hope the car finds a good home with someone that will restore it. 8)

Find a real hemi car for less.

Well.... Tem has been trying to sell his '69 HEMI Roadrunner for $16K. Now both of these cars - this GTX and Tem's car - are missing the engines and both need to be restored. So $30K or $16K ? Which one to choose?

Not trying to bust b@ll$ or start a flame war. I hope both cars find a good home to someone who can do a proper restoration on them. I was set on Tem's Roadrunner until a sudden loss of employment intervened. Sometimes fate really sucks.

Wylde1.

A friend of mine bought a 65 Belvedere Hemi 4 speed car,minus motor for 14K!No rust at all.He,s putting a Hemi in it.I could be wrong with the year of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back