68 Plymouth Valiant

-
Awesome looking job, I’ve started liking the Valiants more lately, and yours nudges the bar further. Good job sir!

Your car looks great! Great yet simple plan, I remember not long ago when Mopar snobs looked down upon the lowly Valiant, well times have changed.

Thank you all so much for the comments and feedback! I was not sure if they did that or not and didn't look into that at all but it would likely look nicer. what cars did they do that on?
Mike
Most light and medium color Mopars from the era had it.
This thread has discussion, and pictures from @Alaskan_TA .
Radiator support black-out
I love your car. A Formula S Valiant. Just gorgeous.

Most light and medium color Mopars from the era had it.
This thread has discussion, and pictures from @Alaskan_TA .
Radiator support black-out
I love your car. A Formula S Valiant. Just gorgeous.
Thank you much! that is a very interesting debate. maybe I could use that black tar material they to use for electrical back in the day. not sure I want to do any spraying in there now, but it would look nicer with a black background.

Thank you much! that is a very interesting debate. maybe I could use that black tar material they to use for electrical back in the day. not sure I want to do any spraying in there now, but it would look nicer with a black background.

You're welcome.
I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. It takes the right lighting and the right angle of view to notice it. If it really bothers you, sure, but if your car were mine, I don't think I'd change a thing.

You're welcome.
I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. It takes the right lighting and the right angle of view to notice it. If it really bothers you, sure, but if your car were mine, I don't think I'd change a thing.
Thank you all so much!

This started out as a father and son project because my son really liked the 68 Valiant. he quickly abandoned me after seeing the amount of patience time and effort it takes to do this level of work. I'm sure this is a common story. LOL

It looks like a factory car. Really nice.

-
Back