-
Status
Not open for further replies.

swifterthanyou

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
This has been my sleeper/rat rod for the past few years but I am testing the waters to see if anyone is interested in her. Yes I know she has four doors but with company, everyone has their own access.

She started as a 170 slant sixer grandma getter but now....

Mechanical: Engine and Four speed 833 were removed from a 1968 Dart GTS that was being converted to a big block 1/4 mile car, so I purchased the engine from cleaner to oil pan, complete transmission, console shifter, console and pedals. Why did I stuff this into a four door, because I could.

Engine: 1967 dated 340 engine, all original including the X heads and HP exhaust manifolds that were rebuilt with hardened seats about 1K ago, bottom end has never been rebuilt but has great compression and does not really burn oil. It has a freshly professionally rebuilt original Carter AVS four speed Carb, runs strong and fast. Radiator is aftermarket but the fan shroud is all 340 Mopar and bolted right up. Please be aware that because the rear main seal is the original rope seal and does not get driven enough, it does leak a bit in the driveway but if driven daily, most likely would seal right up but if not, should be replaced with modern seal.

Trans: 833 four speed from same car as engine, I swapped out the shifter for a bench seat but do have the original Dart GTS console and original Hurst shifter that will either be sold with this car or separately.

Rear: 8.75" rear with Yukon big bolt pattern axles, 3.23 ratio sure grip in a 489 case, 10"x2.5" drum brakes with new shoes. Addco Anti sway bar added to corner the car, and it does corner well!

Front suspension: All new everything with urethane everything from PST, I do mean everything except the drag link which was removed from a 340 Duster and the 340 K frame from the same car. Big bolt pattern 73 up disk brakes and new pads. I installed and original front anti sway bar with new urethane bushings from same Duster.

Fuel and Brake Lines: all new stainless steel throughout the car from The Right Stuff with braided lines front and rear, new sending unit as well. Tank was professionally cleaned a few years ago.

This is a manual brake car but I upgraded the steering to power steering with a column shaft and power steering setup from a 68 Barracuda that was being converted to manual steering. This car will stop on a dime!

Interior: Custom Seat covers (no one makes seat covers for a four door Valiant, go figure) with Mopar materials including 1970 Road Runner perforated seat inserts otherwise is all original but I did add a courtesy light setup under the dash, cause I could. Has new carpets and sound deadener mats as well.

Stereo: 12" subwoofer w/ 600 amp in the trunk, kick panel speakers that are aftermarket kick panels with the speakers built in, 6x9" three way Alpine ( I think) in the rear package tray and Kenwood head unit with CD.

Wheels and Tires: 14"x6" big bolt mopar Rally wheels, caps and rings with Uniroyal Tiger Paws with better than 50% wear left.

Body: Replaced front drivers floor, patched passenger side, rears are great, fenders and quarters do need some attention but are no where near totaled. Left fender was replaced but was patched and puttied so not the greatest. Otherwise, inner fenders need little attention near hood hinges (typical) but all rails and trunk are solid.

Exhaust: Dual exhaust 2.25" pipes with Flowmaster 40 mufflers and s.s. tips, sounds great and rumbles at idle.

This car hauls A$$! People laugh at the red light until they see the tail lights disappear in the distance.

I am asking $4500 obo for the car as is as the drive train is well worth it plus, the car can be driven anywhere. I have a clear title in my name and is currently insured and registered on the streets of Maryland.

I am asking $900 for the original Dart GTS four speed console and shifter and will throw in a set of rods if you need them and it is sold separately from the car as the original Dart rods are currently in this Valiant.

If you are looking for a complete drive train ready to go, this is the car for you!!

I do have a few additional pictures I can send so PM me with your email address so I can send.

Car is located just south of Annapolis, MD.

Attachments

• IMG_1213.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 2,058
  • IMG_1208.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 1,986
  • IMG_1209.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 2,012
  • IMG_1206.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,950
  • IMG_1217.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,953
  • IMG_1220.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,935
  • IMG_1224.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,935
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,959
  • IMG_1211.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,935
  • IMG_1212.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,927
To all, Bob has expressed interest in this car and is trying to get the money together to purchase without the shifter and console.

Although someone in Sweden has expressed interest in the console and shifter, so far no takers.

To all interested parties, I saw this car in person when I bought a 69 Dart from Swifterthan you. It really is a sleeper and Jim is a great FABO guy. Good luck with the sale.

Sweet car, I sold an original 68 Dart 4-door factory 273 4-speed a few years ago and wish I hadn't. That 69 console and shifter is priced right. I just sold a blue one with out the shifter but had an NOS boot and factory hole for the tach last week for $425. The cardboard piece that goes around the shifter hole is the hardest piece to find! There used to be a guy on eBay that made fiberglass replica's of the piece but I have not seen it in awhile.

Congrats. Very cool. Wish i had the funds. Enjoy Bob. Bring her on down to Va. Motorsports Park for mopar madness this year and shock some folks.

Congrats. Very cool. Wish i had the funds. Enjoy Bob. Bring her on down to Va. Motorsports Park for mopar madness this year and shock some folks.

I might drive it down, VMP is my favorite track since it is where I experienced my only win (2010 at the Mopar Madness in street class).

I would be tempted to take the Dart Sport down to race instead.

Bob

Thanks Bob for the purchase and remember, keep it away from the boy, he'll wrap it around a pole!

Console and shifter are still for sale but now might put in a 67 Dart so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back