68 valiant rear quarter patch

-

Rnscustom

Reaction score
Hi everyone , new member here . My son just purchased a 1968 Valiant 2 door sedan . It needs a bit of work but not too bad for a new England car . I'm looking to purchase some parts so making a list to save on shipping . One of the items is rear quarter patch panels . I can't seem to find patches except 4 door . I need between wheel well and bumper . Anyone know if 2-4door are the same or what panel from another A body will work . Thanks , Richard

If it doesn't go too far up 3-4"? I ordered patch panels for a 70 Duster from AMD and it looks like it will work pretty good for the lower portion. That being said I haven't done any work yet just sized them up when I got them.

Thanks Wilma , good option is that a no on the 4 door piece . I would like to go up to the body line and to the wheel opening a little higher . Maybe someone with a 4 door can give me a length from front to back . Thanks , Richard

Saw your post from 9 months ago about 68 Valiant patch panels. Hopefully you have it repaired by now, but if not here is what I know. I looked for rear quarter patch panels for my 68 Valiant 2-Door Post Car for months. I had a 70 Valiant 4-Door parts car that was rusted and went to measure it for a comparison and found the rear quarter panel from the rear wheel center back to the bumper to be similar so I ordered a pair of patch panels for a 4-Door. (NORAM Panels #0310751R&L). They worked good for me. Body lines in the right places. Only drawback was they are only 22 Gage (My measure .0315") Thanks, Charlie B.

Last edited:
A Wanted thread in the classified forums is a great place to start.

Thanks Wilma , good option is that a no on the 4 door piece . I would like to go up to the body line and to the wheel opening a little higher . Maybe someone with a 4 door can give me a length from front to back . Thanks , Richard
if you still need this i'll measure mine in a day or two

-
Back