69 340 Dart Road Test video. AWESOME!!!

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
I just stumbled onto this wile looking at other retro pics and videos and thought i would share.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0wEAh619SI"]C&T 1969: Dodge Dart Swinger 340 Road Test - YouTube[/ame]

That guy was a hip cat! "Generator room"...Ill start using that. And the 340 Auto lacked the power to muscle out of the turns? Wonder what rear it had?

I found this video a couple weeks ago by accident as well.. I love the video, but the music drove me nuts LMAO

cool video. btw is it just me or does the guy call it a "super car" right around the cone test? if so awesome, i believe the quote is "the body roll is about standard for a super car."

cool video. btw is it just me or does the guy call it a "super car" right around the cone test? if so awesome, i believe the quote is "the body roll is about standard for a super car."

I caught that too. hahaha

AWSOME.....What i would give just to be in that era for 1 day ......

0-60 in 6.6 is depressing... The new Mustang V-6 will do it in 5.1 and get 31 MPG...

I always thought the '69 340 4 speed was quicker than that.

Gotta love the stopping distance test. Front wheels locked, car kicking sideways... The good 'ole days!!:D

That guy was a hip cat! "Generator room"...Ill start using that. And the 340 Auto lacked the power to muscle out of the turns? Wonder what rear it had?

I got a huge kick out of the lingo used LOL .. I thought 'after-compartment' was pretty hip as well LOL .. as for the rear... I was thinking maybe 323, or 355's? Considering the Swinger 340 was a 'budget performance car'... I found a copy of the original sales brochure, but it doesnt give the standard rear gears for the Dart.. So im just guessing lol

anyone gonna get some '340 cubes to happy land' stickers made up for their air cleaners?

LOLOL.....I know....my jaw dropped a little when I heard that, like "he didn't just say what I thought he said, did he?" :iconbigg:

0-60 in 6.6 is depressing... The new Mustang V-6 will do it in 5.1 and get 31 MPG...

I always thought the '69 340 4 speed was quicker than that.

Well, don't forget about the lame tires back then too....he was fryin' 'em a bit outta the hole.

.. as for the rear... I was thinking maybe 323, or 355's? Considering the Swinger 340 was a 'budget performance car'... I found a copy of the original sales brochure, but it doesnt give the standard rear gears for the Dart.. So im just guessing lol

I wondered the same thing when they tested the 4-speed car. 3.91's and some slicks on a new, bone-stock Dart.....wonder how it'd do?

Cool video.There is a ton of these musclecar tests on youtube.Punch in musclecar films on the search engine.Probably 15 or 20 short clips like this.

thats funny how they both lost the left front hubcaps.there are a bunch of car and track videos of mopars. speedvision used to run that show every morning at 7:30 am. all kinds of great stuff. especially the nascar racing.

-
Back