69 340 Dart

-
The black carpet seems vague in the info I found. Did you find out for sure? I believe that it is for Road Runners, not sure about darts?

I pulled the windshield, so I can install the headliner and I started to polish the stainless trim

Attachments

• DSCF1548.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 335
I removed the windshield and have started polishing the windshield molding. I have all but the bottom finished to 1000 grit now.

Attachments

• windshield trim.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 346
This is in preparation for the headliner install.
Here's a before shot

Attachments

• Dart headliner before.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 377
Original headliner to aftermarket headliner material comparison

Attachments

• headliner material comparison.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 351
My wife said 2 weeks ago she wanted a Dart, so I said go get one, and she did.

Attachments

• 7775792-2013dart.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 332
I'm still need to finish the headliner. I found some interesting paint and markings. I guess maybe the factory line workers tested their interior door paint guns on the area near the visor mount?

Attachments

• 7776458-goldpaintmystery.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 335
... more

Attachments

• 7776463-goldpaintdoorswitch.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 327
  • doorgoldpaint.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 322
  • gold paint drvr dr top.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 326
  • runs in inner door (1).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 329
Inspection mark...
I scored an original aged gas cap and used evaporust for the first time, here's a before and after
So based on the results I used it in the trunk well

Attachments

• 48 not rock.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 336
  • gascap.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 317
  • trunk well one.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 342
  • trunk2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 319
The trunks in solid shape, photos are old and taken before debris was vacuumed

Attachments

• trunk pass.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 318
  • trunk drv.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 323
Excellent discovery work, love the shots of the gold overspray. Looks like evaporust will be used a bit more with your cleanup.

I have more detail shots I've taken along the way.

There's an issue with the headliner I believe is a mis-sewn section causing the remaining bows to pull to far forward

Here is something I found today, also note the red-ish paint on the lower right of the photo

Attachments

• Jack base caution decal (1).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 325
As for the BLACK carpet ..... From what i found .... ALL 340 swingers ... NO Matter what color interior ... had a BLACK carpet .... sounds Stupid ... My car was All original like this car .. and had a BLACK carpet .. but i opted to replace it with Saddle ... it looks better .. but thinking going back to black

You mean 4spd Swingers?

I'm thinking Chrysler thought it was a bit too much to stock all colors for a limited number of 4speed cars on top of Automatics. If they were advertising them as under $3K they had to control overstocking.

Hmmm, interesting. My 4 speed Swinger had black carpeting when I pulled it in '91 and replaced. It may have been replaced before? Anyway, it will likely get another black set, judging from all the info! Thanks!

Driver interior door panel before and after

Attachments

• Dart interior door panel old and new.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 253
-
Back