69 A body Headers

-

1969dodgedart

Big Block 440
Reaction score
I,m looking for headers to fit my 69 Dart that will have a 440 RB installed ? Hopefully full length . As everyone knows finding headers to fit with the pwr steering box seems to be impossible . I need 2" tubes with 3 1/2" collectors and 3/8" flanges. Seems I may have to buy a kit and fabricate myself if there's a kit out there ? Not sure why someone hasn't made headers for this combination because it seems like there are more than enough A bodies with 440's in them.

With powersteering, its fender well or custom headers with stock motormounts.
Little more options if using front motor plate.(raise/forward engine tweaks)

Looking for some replacements myself.
Good luck
Dave

Grant...thats got to be a typo.....they can't be the same....Chally engine bay (same as B-body) is way wider than A-body.

They must be specing A-Body headers for use in B/E body cars.

Certainly worth a phone call, any wider body would just make them fit better imho..

I've often thought the chally engine bay is close to an a-body.. IDK.

cheers

I'll have it here in a coupla weeks to finish putting it together,, so I'll take some measurements.

Challengers (E-Body) have the same engine bay as B-Body. Torsion bars, etc are in different locations in A body than B/E bodies. Not sure the A headers will fit, but I could be wrong!

Grant...thats got to be a typo.....they can't be the same....Chally engine bay (same as B-body) is way wider than A-body.

They must be specing A-Body headers for use in B/E body cars.

It's the same 2 " headers but you can't run p/s with an a body. The 1 7/8 may fit an a body with p/s

Thanks . From what I researched so far those tti's apparently won't clear the pwr steering box but maybe I can modify .

630 for the box and another 130 for the coupler PLUS cutting down the steering shaft?

Ouch. :D

On monday I'm going to call TTI to see if they have a suggestion . In an age of 3D modeling and cad assisted measuring maybe they can do something from their end.

-
Back