69 a body power steering box

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got one also. It came from a 70 Cuda so you would need to change the pitman arm. Mark (aka Dartcuda1) is first though. I'll give you the price and shipping if his doesn't work out.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Ive got a power steering box on a 69 dart 4 door parts car. I will have to remove it. 75.00 and shipping.

I'm asking $40 plus the shipping. I'll take off the E-body pitman arm to fit into a smaller box and make it lighter.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I dont think there is a pitman arm that will adapt the later steering gear to the 69 without changing the drag link, etc..

doesn't it change in 73. i thought 68 through 72 were all the same. im looking for around $60 shipped. let me know

I think that your are correct. 68-72 were the same.

I can do $70 shipped for the one that I have if that can work for you.

Ken

$70 shipped is fine with me as long as it works. I have the original pitman arm from my car. Are you sure my 69 dart pitman arm will slide on to the cuda steering box's splined shaft

OK I've been wrong before but I think e body went to the new plan right out of the gate. Best way to confirm is measure the pitman arm retaining nut.
When the shaft size is different the nut size is different.
p.s. There is a puller made for pitman arms. To use a pickle fork instead can damage a gearbox.

The 62-72 A, B and 70-72 E body boxes use the same sector steering gear. In 1973 all A, B, and E body cars went to the large sector steering gear. I took the nut from the 70 Cuda box and it fit the box from a 68 Barracuda. Same size sector shaft.

The box was in a running car and worked fine until we decided to swap engines and make it manual steering.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back