69 Barracuda Beta interactive Wiring Schematics

-

1969383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Working on some wiring docs with a twist.

The different circuits are on layers in the PDF and if you are using a recent Adobe viewer you can toggle the circuits on and off with the Layer manager to remove or add circuits you are trying to trace.

The layer manager also allows you to select the circuits by page through the drop down menu so circuits that are not on the drawing page will not show up in the manager.

Have a look and give some feedback on changes or enhancements that may help. These are native 30"x42" drawing so you can print them large for old eyes....

Great. I've used a lot of old automotive schematics and this layering idea does make it easier to follow. maybe you could try your hand at some others - B-body 68-70?

I am looking for that kind of feedback and considering doing other models!

I work fairly cheaply (BEER) when it comes to mopars!!

As I posted earlier, I love your idea. One thing that might be handy to include would be a header listing all compatible models. Or is this set specific ONLY for 1969 Barracuda?

As I posted earlier, I love your idea. One thing that might be handy to include would be a header listing all compatible models. Or is this set specific ONLY for 1969 Barracuda?

69 Barracuda specific.

All b body references were removed I think.

Errors are likely hence the request for feedback!

Thank you for doing so!

Every year they would move a couple of wires around in the bulk head connection and/or add wires.
I have to agree the layering would be handy for the novice, especially where beer goggles are in use.

This is a pretty cool thing you have done. Chrysler started doing that exact thing with their diagrams in 2011, so you aren't that far behind a major auto oem.

Was this hard/time intensive? It would really help our hobby to have these available for every year and make, but that is asking a lot.

This is a pretty cool thing you have done. Chrysler started doing that exact thing with their diagrams in 2011, so you aren't that far behind a major auto oem.

Was this hard/time intensive? It would really help our hobby to have these available for every year and make, but that is asking a lot.

PDF's from the shop manual are underlayed in autocad, aligned then traced over. Most of the component pieces are saved as blocks in the drawing file so the next one I may attempt will take less time. About 4 hours to create these.

Getting bored waiting for Le to get my shell done so I can start re-assembly on my 383-S so I thought I would do someting constructive that may help others.

Thank you for the reply and comments!

dont have a 69 but saved it anyways , thanks

That would be a lot easier to work with and understand.

Saved it thank you.

Good work.

Gerald,

Very nice work! I can see that took much time and effort.

It got me thinking about the schematic capture and printed circuit design tool I use. It is called CadSoft Eagle. When I click on a wire (net) in the schematic it highlights it in the schematic, and also the trace on the board design to show the physical location. Each drawing is in a different window, but can be viewed at the same time. While the size of a board and car are much different, the idea of physical wire route in the car would be neat.

Gerald,

Very nice work! I can see that took much time and effort.

It got me thinking about the schematic capture and printed circuit design tool I use. It is called CadSoft Eagle. When I click on a wire (net) in the schematic it highlights it in the schematic, and also the trace on the board design to show the physical location. Each drawing is in a different window, but can be viewed at the same time. While the size of a board and car are much different, the idea of physical wire route in the car would be neat.

Thanx for the response.

Not as much time as you might think. I am not familiar with cad soft eagle software. AUTOCAD will not allow me to set objects in multiple layers groups as I would like and was thinking I wish I had access to Adobe flash so you could link circuits from the battery all the way through the circuits to ground.

The CadSoft Eagle has a free evaluation version that is size limited. It might not be a problem since things would be scaled down anyway. The zoom could be used for viewing. It takes a bit to get going with it, the user interface is sometimes less than intuitive.

-
Back