Not open for further replies.

IMFURYS

IMFURYS
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hello to all,

I am hoping to try and convert my cuda from a non-AC car to an AC car using factory set up. I'm not even sure this is possible, never tried it before, but I figure finding the interior AC system parts would be lot harder to obtain than the under the hood parts.

If anybody has a complete or mostly complete factory interior AC system (all parts or most of them), I'd be interested in talking with you on making a deal for it.

Please PM me if you have such a set up.

Thanks

Hello,
I have an AC under dash box and lots if AC stuff. I'm not too far from you in Wilson N.C. I'd be interested in your non AC dash box and switches to trade. Let me know if you want to come up and look at them, maybe we can work something out.
Thanks,
Martin

If you need a template to cut out the firewall correctly let me know. I have a piece of an original ac firewall that will lay right over your existing one so you can mark the holes correctly.

Beyond the firewall differences...
You might be surprised how difficult it is to find some of the under hood parts.
The V belts require idler pulleys,the crank pulley is different, etc.. Then what engine will make a difference, and radiator will be a factor.
Inside the under dash vent assembly has chromed pot metal louvers. Many of those look like crap today. The 67 climate controller is one year only too.

i just removed a complete 69 barracuda inside ac system
we are close enough to check it out
i still have the body to check the firewall
pm me

I've had a chance to read the posts and talk with a couple of people on trying to do "an original factory conversion" verses doing a modern conversion from Vinatge Air or Classic Air. I talked to the guy who got my factory AC sustem working on my '72 Fury which turned out to be a major job because the car had sat for awhile, rust, trash etc got in the sytem and it turned out to be a nightmare. He asked me if I really wanted to go through that with a car (my 69 Barracuda Fastback 340) that didn't have factory AC.

His advice and other from this site have said to go with the modern system and save myself a lot of headache, time and money. A couple of people said ther were going down the same road in collecting pieces for factory look, but the modern system was so much easier, so it looks like that's the route I'll go.

I do appreciate everybody's time with your responses

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back