'69 Charger R/T

-
Too me it's high priced,but it may be worth it when restored. Looks like it could a very nice car restored.

Here's a pic of a 1970 Charger. Kind of give you an idea what it look like if restored. It looks like it may be similar in the color and tail stripe and assuming it had a white vinyl top.

Attachments

• DSC00843.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC00846.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 296
I've got the idea of what it would look like, but its going to need a whole new rear end and roof, possibly the floor pans and the motor doesn't run I'm assuming. I mean I would probably offer 3000-3500 based on everything wrong with it.

Seems to be about the going price for a rust bucket charger r/t these days. It would probably cost you 80k to restore it lol.

How deep do you want to get into one ? with the rust i can see . Im sure the rear rails are going to need work too . If your in it to fix ti and flip it that aint the car to do it . For the fun of it well ya go for it but its too high on the price .

8k is on the high side.
But depends on if he has the actual title, build sheet etc, and the numbers matching motor trans.
It will cost you about 10K in sheet metal work if you do it yourself just to get it in primer.

I used to have a few chargers and I can tell you that is a good deal.

if it is truly numbers matching ....and a true XS29L9 car ....that is well worth it.

anything lower and your talking about a standard XP29F9 318 car. or even 383 2bbl.

I don't have huge cash to restore a high dollar car so that is why there are no Chargers here anymore.......a good grille assy. is getting 1000 - 1500. so 8K for a complete numbers car :thumrigh:

I wouldn't buy it for that but believe it .....there are a lot of people that would. .......for 8K I would rather go get a decent 68/9 cuda

It's a pile of ****, but a pile of **** worth 8K, IMO.

to rough for my skills...but most likley worth the denaroes if it's numbers matching r/t.it will be awesome when done...as long as "whoever" doesn't genatill lee it all up.

It's a pile of ****, but a pile of **** worth 8K, IMO.

Yeah,
That is the sad thing, my cousin pulled one out of the junk yard a few years ago, in about the same shape as that one, but had a great frame.
He has already spent about 5K in AMD parts, and still needs a few more.

He gave $500.00 for it and got the title, build sheets and fender tag, but the original motor and trans was gone.

I laughed at him when he bought it........Still trying to buy it off of him, he will not sell it.

Think of it like this. Purchase price, 8K. Restoration price, 50K. Total 58K and you can sell if for close to 100K when done. Plenty of room for profit.

Think of it like this. Purchase price, 8K. Restoration price, 50K. Total 58K and you can sell if for close to 100K when done. Plenty of room for profit.

Problem is that today, not many people have that $50k to dump into a car, regardless of how much profit can be made.
I agree is way out of my league.

Jason S.

We are all saying hell no now.
All the hemi guys are laughing all the way to the bank when a deal like this came up.

It is a sad day when a hobby is over come with greed.

Thank Barrett-Jackson for this.

Definitely need 40k to 50k to re-store it. I don't know what they are worth when they are done. I would rather go buy a brand new Challenger for that price. I had a '70 Charger in H.S. it was a great car.

yep i agree the Buy it Jackman auctions really jacked the price of these cars, but so did 10 years of dukes of hazzard, and the 2 lame dukes movie remakes, and the fast n Fu@@ed up movies wrecked their share of these, plus rust like on this one not being fixible back then as no repop stuff was out there, and general attrition.

this car is extremely rough, Truk Lagoon rusty LOL, but if its a true numbers matching R/T complete with fender tag, and a clean title then to the right person its worth restoring. not me, too much metal work for me, but as they say , these things arent found on every street corner, newspaper used car ad section, or used car lot anymore.

i think according to the numbers they made like 88,000 chargers in 69, so how many were/are R/Ts ? how many are really left After being wrecked on screen for TV, Movies, or during some schlub drag racing one on the street, how many rusted away in someones back yard because they were going to "restore it" someday.

is it a piece of ****?? HELL YES its a piece of **** !!! but if its a true R/T numbers matching piece of **** then its worth piecing back together. theres always a phone call to the folks at AMD. A phone call to an aircraft sheetmetal supply store for about 100 wingnut draw clecos and cleco clamps that your gonna need to pin it together while you use the large spool of wire your gonna need to feed thru your MIG welder to stitch this one back up LOL

100K for only a 440 car? i think thats wishful thinking in todays economy.

Xs2

that is a good project if you always wanted a real 69 Charger R/T and can afford it. why put that kind of money and time into a car just to sell it .....unless your one of those fake, flipper, garbage TV shows.

this is a project of passion and if someone is worried about what its going to worth ......then best take that money to vegas.

if I put that kind of labor into a car ...I will have it till I die ....im already doing that with cars way less significant than this one .....my 68 dart is worth pennies compared to this car but im going all out because its the car I want. :toothy9:

ouch, but amd does make the new shells and doors and all now. the ccr car was completely new. and thats prolly wat itll need. very sad someone let a car go away like that and 75k is high high restoration not a hot rod with a nice body like id want.

-
Back