69 cuda 340 possible s car

-

paul smart

Reaction score
ok people heres what i have a 69 340 cuda thats been a drag car most its life.i can trace back its roots to about 1975 and its been a big block car at least since then

vin number is bh29p9b135xxx
here are what i can tell you from stripping the car bare
color y2 sunflower yellow
motor 340
trans 4 speed
rear axle 8 3\4
white deluxe interior
wheel lip moldings
tinted glass
rally dash with economiser guage
rocker moldings
black carpet
front disc brakes
rear fold down seat
no center console with buckets
hood mounted turn signals

some of the obvious indications of a formula s car arent there like
any badges-had 67 taillights and rear trunk finish panel
no fender emblems aamof the pass fender isnt even drilled for any emblems
blacked out grille-minute traces of black om it bvut very faded

so ive done my detective work and theres no getting in touch with past owners to verify anything what ive found out here was pure investigative while tearing the car down and yes its the silver car in my profile

my thought is why would anybody have the other options like tint wheel lip moldings and rocker moldings with deluxe interior on a plain jane car :burnout:

Not really a plain jane car optioned with disk, tinted glass, rocker molding, light group, deluxe interior, vacuum gauge. For an A-body Barracuda, it's actually well optioned. They didn't offer near all the options you could get in a B-body or E-body.

And that's what you can tell. I assume there is no fender tag?

If the plastic grill ovals are molded in black plastic, chances are they are "S" grills. A story I have heard about grills is they were all molded in black and the NON "S" cars were given a coat of silver.

If the plastic grill ovals are molded in black plastic, chances are they are "S" grills. A story I have heard about grills is they were all molded in black and the NON "S" cars were given a coat of silver.

The plastic comes in both gray and black. It isn't unheard of for Chrysler to spray paint gray ones to make them black and put them in the S cars if they ran out of the black ones.

The plastic comes in both gray and black. It isn't unheard of for Chrysler to spray paint gray ones to make them black and put them in the S cars if they ran out of the black ones.

I agree on this.

All 340 cars came with the "S" suspension.

-
Back