69 Cuda 383/4 Speed swap help

-

626notchback

Mopar Rookie
Reaction score
Ok, I searched and only found threads about other, none Barracuda swaps and I just want to know some specifics to my particular vehicle.

Vehicle: 69 Barracuda Notchback w/Slant6 3speed column shift.
The plan: 383, A833OD Swap.

I have the 383 out of a 70 Road Runner with the OG bell housing. I have the pedal Assembly and linkage. I am picking up the A-833OD tranny. Am I missing anything here.

I am aware there might be a drive shaft length issue and that there will need to be a engine mount swap kit, I am only really concerned about the Transmission fitment issue, with a 383?

Can a 833OD be linked up with a 383? I do understand there is some bearing clearance issues I believe.

Is there anything else I am missing here? Is this even possible?
Thanks again everyone.

I have schumacher headers in my 69 fastback with a four speed. I have pictures of the modifications I made to the headers to make them work with a four speed. Let me know if you need them.

If you have the 4.8" large register hole big block 1970 bellhousing you can use it. You will need the input shaft bearing retainer off a heavy duty "308" bearing A833. The O/D A833 uses the same "308" bearing for the input shaft but the register size is 5.125" and there is no factory big block bellhousing in that size. You can also use a quicktime bell or other aftermarket with the 5.125" register hole.

This link will take you to a previous thread where I posted pics of the modification to the driver's side header so that the header will work with a four speed. Basically, the modification allows the header to dump out parallel to the torsion bar instead of tucking in toward the center of the car. This allows a stock big block z bar to work with the header.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=160439&highlight=schumacher

-
Back