69' Cuda A56 Coupe 340

-

perfweld

Reaction score
Does anyone on here even know if my search is a possiblity, are there any out there left or have they all been destroyed. Im on the search for a 69' Cuda 340 A56 car, catch is its gotta be a notchback. Have any of you FABO people ever seen one around, or know of one. I cant even seem to find on thats not for sale let alone for sale. Any leads would be great on any info about one. I had a 69 notchback 318 car when I was in my twenties, now ive got 6 barracudas, some real rare ones at that, even an A56 fastback, but still cant even locate or get any info on my notchback dream car. Would even like to hear stories about them as well.

Thanks
Mark

Hey Mark, I have seen a few, but very few. I cant remember where, if you can pm me your email me that way if I come across one I can email you directly. My car is similar that it is a 69 formula s (A53) 340 4 spd ragtop. I tried emailing calling Galen and emailing him and he wont even talk to you without a credit card. My local mopar guy (Nigel) and going buy Galens books, there are no exact figures, he estimates that for the 4 spd production #'s they are about 20% of automatic numbers. We figure that there were only 25 of these made. Curious if anyone has ever seen one. Sorry to hijack, Mark, pm me your email and I will keep my eyes peeled for ya!

Good luck
Steve

Ive been going to Carlisle and Englishtown for a really long time. I always keep a lookout for Notch's and don't recall ever seeing an a56 other than this M-Code. Its at Carlisle every year. I don't know who owns it or if they are a member here (hopefully they don't mind seeing a picture of their car).

Also, here is a 340 car I remember seeing on line. You can do a little detective work to find out about this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17258071@N07/1819557046

and;

http://www.sixpackfuryregistry.com/gpage3.html

CIMG1696.jpg

Thanks for the replies already. The car pictured is just what im hoping for, color and all, but id like a 340 car. I have a 67 383 notchback 4 speed car, but its still not exactly what I want. I search all over the net and just cant come up with anything on these cars, seems there all gone, or really really rare.

Mark

BTW, That car on Flikr , the A56 coupe. He is in Seattle, hes the guy that was selling the rusty blue A56 fastback on ebay a few weeks ago that no one bid on. Id like to get my hands on that notchback but I heard hes keeping it.

Mark

what is an a56 car? Ive got a 67 formula s notch blue\black,bench seat 4-speed. (not for sale). Good luck on your search.

An A56 is the Code for Cuda 340. The Cuda is the package that has the hood stripes, the stripes on the rockers, and says Cuda 340 on the fenders. And of course most importantly that little scoops on the hood. The Cuda is a different package then the Formula S model. The Cuda was more of a base package, the Formula S was more of a luxury package, same car though. Only differance was the emblems and stripes and scoops. I just love those little scoops on a coupe...

340 'Cuda Coupes made in 1969= 98 total with 68 4 speeds and 30 automatics. That will be a tough search. I searched daily for two years before finding my auto 340-S Notch. I still am looking for the elusive 1968 Formula S Notchback 4 speed. Good luck, I hope you find one.

Looked at a 340-S notch back in 1990 in Ft. Langley BC. Original owner, white w/blue interior, 4spd. Asking 4000. Was too plain I thought arrrgh. In his garage was 69 Cuda 340 auto, red, which I begged him to sell, but no go there lol..

Never seen a Cuda 340 notch, but would love one!

Grant

nice black on black Notch cudacrazy. I watch Mecum and Barrett Jackson hoping to see a rare A body barracuda, but haven't seen any.

Is it rare? A56 cars

Yes it is a rare car if your car is an A 56 car it has the 340 'Cuda package.

A56

"Cuda 340" Package (NA W/Formula "S", Sport Stripes, or 3-speed Man. Trans.)

340-cu.-in Engine
'Cuda "340" Callout
4-Speed Manual Transmission
Hood Scoops and Hood tape Stripes--Black
Lower Body Stripes--Black
Std. Accent Stripes Deleted
Dual Exhaust and Chrome Exhaust Tips
H.D. Suspension
1" H.D. Shock Absorbers, F & R
Red-streak Wide Boot Tires--E70 x 14"
14 x 5 1/2" H.D. Wheels

No seriously.

If your car is an A56 car it is worth more than a normal Barracuda.

Give us more info on your car. Post more pics. Post the fender tag info.

I have the fender tag and broadcast sheet. I will post everything tomorrow.
I have to be at work at 3:00 am I'm going to sleep now.

Is that a GM side mirror?
NO......cmon now!.....70 (A body) up racing mirror...unfortunately it didn't fit right....so it is back at the bodyshop being relocated.
You should have picked up that they were mounted too far forward...actually in the 1967 location...since this is an actual 1967 car converted into a 1969....(was rust free California white 67 /6 car with no front clip)

That is Daytona truck orange in case you were wondering....

I had a running, driving, 69 340 Formula S 4 speed coupe many years ago. Sold it to a guy who said he planned a full restoration. I told him it was a low mintage vehicle and he assured me it was in good hands. 9 months later I saw it in a local pull-it-yourself wrecking yard, stripped to a shell. I was bummed and upset that he was such a knucklehead to do such a thing. That's the problem with selling a car.....you never know what the new owner will do with it.
Mark

-
Back