69 'Cuda A57 Tape Stripes

-

dunhamk12

Reaction score
I'm in the process of restoring 69 'Cuda and need some help in locating the hood and side strips on my. I tried to measure them with tape measure and I guess the folks at the factory did not believe in them. Nothing matches if measure them from the side of the hood or even using the center line of the hood. As for side strips the same thing nothing matches from side to side. Is there diagram showing the placement of the hood and side strips that I could use to help locate graphics?

Thanks
Ken D

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF MY OLD 69 THE SIDE STRIPS ARE CORRECT BUT THE HOOD STRIPS ARE IN TOWARD THE CENTER LINE OF THE HOOD BECAUSE THE SCOOPS WERE ADDED BY THE DEALER WHEN THE CAR WAS NEW THE HOOD STRIP SHOULD LINE UP WITH THE PLYMOUTH EMBLEM AND THEY DIDN'T NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRIED TO MAKE IT WORK. I HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE. I KNOW THAT MY CAR WAS NOT A CUDA IT WAS A FORMULA S A51 CODE BUT IT DID HAVE THE SCOOPS ON IT IT'S WHOLE LIFE

69 BARRACUDA 001.jpg

69 BARRACUDA 002.jpg

69 BARRACUDA 029.jpg

69 BARRACUDA 006.jpg

Last edited:
I would think the scoops would simply dictate location on the hood.
The Body stuff is all low/rocker on a 'cuda. The above is a sports stripe on the side and would not be found on a 'Cuda only Formula "S". Here is an example off the web.

Cuda383.jpg

Cuda383a.jpg

Another of what I believe is a survivor that BB-Dave owned or still does.

'69%20340%20'cuda%20FB,%20'70%206pak%20BEE%20012%20@50%25.jpg

Last edited:
HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF MY OLD 69 THE SIDE STRIPS ARE CORRECT BUT THE HOOD STRIPS ARE IN TOWARD THE CENTER LINE OF THE HOOD BECAUSE THE SCOOPS WERE ADDED BY THE DEALER WHEN THE CAR WAS NEW THE HOOD STRIP SHOULD LINE UP WITH THE PLYMOUTH EMBLEM AND THEY DIDN'T NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRIED TO MAKE IT WORK. I HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE. I KNOW THAT MY CAR WAS NOT A CUDA IT WAS A FORMULA S A51 CODE BUT IT DID HAVE THE SCOOPS ON IT IT'S WHOLE LIFE

View attachment 1714949298

View attachment 1714949299

View attachment 1714949300

View attachment 1714949301
wow slick back/recall wheels/red lines/scoops oh my!!! the only thing missing on that dream is the red wheel well liners to match the interior

wow slick back/recall wheels/red lines/scoops oh my!!! the only thing missing on that dream is the red wheel well liners to match the interior
I have a set of the red fender liners but they need to be restored and I never got around to it before I sold the car. But I still have them and they still need to be restored.

View attachment 1714949298

View attachment 1714949299

View attachment 1714949300

View attachment 1714949301
Whoever it was at the dealership that mounted those scoops was way off.

I know but that’s how the car was when I got it from the second owner. I wasn’t all that worried about it
Sure, I understand that. The car wasn't a cuda package car in the first place and they just mounted the M47 hood scoops without deciding to include the stripes.

-
Back