69 Cuda from northeast ohio

-

rowinafour

Reaction score
2CD6A4E5-AC4C-4E56-81FC-698E0B51F64E.jpeg
This car was a prized possession of a very special family friend of mine who unfortunately passed several years ago. This car was purchased brand new by Dave when he was a senior in high school. He grew up in Maple Heights in the Cleveland area. His journey brought him and his family to Ashtabula county when I was 14 years old. I was just getting into basically anything with an engine when they moved next door. To me, dudes with long hair, tattoos, a hot wife with many hot looking friends was just so fricken awesome. The Cuda was not introduced to us (my brother and I) until later as it was in storage until his house was built. We talked for hours about the car and his stories of drag racing it, running on the streets…I was mesmerized. When we finally saw this machine in person, it was like we had entered another level of existence. Anyways, I now am proud to carry on with the care of this machine and am in the process of updating brakes, suspension and other small issues that come with anything over 50 years old. This car is an actual 30,000 mile machine.

Last edited:
There's a '68 Barracuda Formula S 340 4-speed car I could only dream of becoming the next care taker of. I can substitute that '68 in my mind and imagine just how fortunate you must feel. Condolences on the loss of your friend, though.

Well ! Is it a 440 ?

A little more about the car.
340, 4 speed, 3.91 rear gear. Manual steering, brakes, and windows. We built the 340 a couple of years ago with x heads, lunati voodoo cam, Wiseco Pistons. It is old school with cherry bombs, bias ply rears, air shocks. Updating, or just changing front drums to disc, rear SS springs, new shocks, drag radials, time to rattle some windows!!

340, 4 speed, 3.91 rear gear. Manual steering, brakes, and windows. We built the 340 a couple of years ago with x heads, lunati voodoo cam, Wiseco Pistons. It is old school with cherry bombs, bias ply rears, air shocks. Updating, or just changing front drums to disc, rear SS springs, new shocks, drag radials, time to rattle some windows!!

Very nice, Love the 340's, got a few myself.

Well got the front disc converted with scarebird kit. Easy to install, had to remove sway bar along with mounts to allow full turning radius. Now waiting for more parts to finish updates and put some miles on it the rest of Summer. Will post progress throughout week.

9D798C5A-A0BD-4E23-BC57-063A2861AEAD.jpeg

4C5338C4-2D8E-45C6-9E08-6F6FBC022F09.jpeg

Finally got the suspension and new tires installed. Due to shortage of availability of Cragar SS rims that I had intended to install on stock width A body rear axle, stole my B body rear that already had mounts moved in from other project (67 barracuda), added 11 inch brake system, DR Diff offset hangers, 002/003 springs, 15x10 rims with 5.5 offset I had in basement. Mounted 295/55/15 drag radials, rancho adjustable shocks with adjustable pinion snubber. I dig the set up. Up front the tires are 195/80/14. Need to adjust a few more small items, but it is on the road and will enjoy the hell out of it. I know Dave is digging it as well!

I found this curious. Although hard to read, the last 6 are 305604 and the build date is 2/26 but the order number is 200157.

upload_2021-7-16_14-48-43.jpeg

I love B7!

Shame it is not B5 on the inside or is it!

Just a B7/B5 lover and an "S" lover that loves anything Fishy!

Tag calls for X9 black inside! But Post #1 sure looks B5 to me!

Last edited:
I love B7!

Shame it is not B5 on the inside or is it!

Just a B7/B5 lover and an "S" lover that loves anything Fishy!

Tag calls for X9 black inside! But Post #1 sure looks B5 to me!
Post #1 is a B5 interior. Post 21 fender tag for that car. Post 22 is for A56’s car I think.

-
Back