69 Cuda seats

-

crayzcuda

Reaction score
First of my many dumb questions. This is a pic of the back seat of our 69 Cuda. The front seats have the same pattern but they need to be recovered.
Now, I've never seen this pattern in another Cuda, so I guess my question is has anybody seen this before or has it been reupholstered. The weird thing is that when we got the car it was about 95% factory right down to the hubcaps. I just don't want to rip it out and then find out it that I shouldn't have. Any input anybody has would be greatly appreciated.

cuda seats.jpg

Mine has very similar, except that instead of green and black, mine are red and black?? Anyone have any info??

That is diamond tuck. Popular in the 70s and maybe very early 80s. It is not factory.

So yes… You seats have had custom upholstery done.

Flashback to the 70's, man!!! That's some farout diamond tuck there man!!! Looks like you could get a screamin' babe in there!!! Now, pass the joint, you're bogarting it!!! Whew, sorry I faded there for a minute but that pattern really sends me back, but it ain't factory!!! Maybe you should go retro with your resto!!! Good luck with the project, Geof

OH NO, I feel really old now. Those covers were sold by JC Whitney way back when. I bought a set for a 1965 Galaxie when I was a young gun. OH, I am getting OLD!:cussing:

First of my many dumb questions. This is a pic of the back seat of our 69 Cuda. The front seats have the same pattern but they need to be recovered.
Now, I've never seen this pattern in another Cuda, so I guess my question is has anybody seen this before or has it been reupholstered. The weird thing is that when we got the car it was about 95% factory right down to the hubcaps. I just don't want to rip it out and then find out it that I shouldn't have. Any input anybody has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Looks like it was possibly customized in the 70's by the input I've received. Groovy man! This may explain my carpeted door panels. When I cut back the stitched border holding the carpet, the factory vinyl door panel covers were in mint condition. Has anybody ever seen door panels done this way before?( Must have been on a real trip to cover door panels with carpet)

passdoor.jpg

Those carpeted door panels are crayz there crayzcuda!!! And green too!! Nice to find the originals underneath though!!! Keep up the good work, Geof

That may be oridinal, just something that was special ordered at the time. When I get home i'll pull out the pics of mine from when it rolled off the floor and to the original owner to verify. The only difference is mine does not have a stripe pattern, its solid diamond and black.

That may be oridinal, just something that was special ordered at the time. When I get home i'll pull out the pics of mine from when it rolled off the floor and to the original owner to verify. The only difference is mine does not have a stripe pattern, its solid diamond and black.

That wouldn't have been production original.
Dealer installed is highly possible.

Sorry, I know I said I would get right back to you about my seats but a few things came up and I just couldnt get back so soon, but..... I looked into it and sorry to say but my seats were redone and thats good for me to know because I want my car as original as possible but bad for you because your in the same boat with seats that arent what they should be. Hope this helps and good luck.

-
Back